1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our custom made snow tire package for our John Deere 244........Tall & Skinny :-)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lndscpe, Dec 5, 2015.

1. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

Here's a few pictures of the snow tires and custom made wheels we have mounted for use on our 244 John Deere. After researching what tire /wheel sizes and what tire we felt would do best for winter work, we came up with this package. (roughly $3200) I am willing to make and sell them as a wheel package only or with wheels and tires. Of course you could make your own, but it isn't really what I call fun, is time consuming and chasing down the needed stuff and weld set up work is laborious. If nothing else our summer tires will last much longer now and we'll enjoy better snow plowing traction and higher travel speeds! Time is always money. If interested just drop me a note.
    Johnstonlandscape@gmail.com

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Looks great, nice job.

3. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Love the set up. Should be very productive.

4. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good . What make of tires ?

5. nixray

nixray Senior Member

You made custom rims. And didn't make them "spinners" lol

Great job nonetheless.

6. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

Thanks for the replies, ....... hmmmm, should thought about the "spinner" option :) The rim I just purchase. I have centers water jetted, the stud holes chamfered, I Weld them to the correct offset, have them sand blasted and painted, then a trip to the tire shop to have the wheels mounted up.

I am sure it will be better this season for plowing, I remember when I made wheels for my S250 Bobcat the difference it made in plowing. :) Now all my snow equipment run a dedicated snow tire, well except my 3.5 yard Doosan loader, thats just not gonna happen....

7. Aerospace Eng

Aerospace Eng Senior Member

Nice job. I like it.

8. redclifford

redclifford Senior Member
    from Niagara

Looks great , how do you like the tint job
    What plow do you have for it

9. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

looks great.
    Heres my winter tires. I'm into them for $600 work great.

photo (7).JPG

photo (7).JPG

10. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

The tint job I've always liked in this machine it's not a winter problem, my tool cats ok but has a few interior glares which make it a little harder to see out my drivers side mirror.

I run an arctic sectional plow on the Deere 5 section or 4 section or once in a while the Western prodigy. I did alter the sectional mount to allow the boom on theDeere to sit up a little because of the increased ride height with the new tire package.

I looked at many different tires, brands and types and I almost went with 24.5" but went the 22.5 low pro option (had to make sure rear axle could still oscillate correctly and still be able to full turn with out rubbing, although 24.5's might have worked). This gave me a few more options and were a little more readily available in my area. Still the 22.5 option gave me about 3/4" or so taller tire than the large tire option from Deere. This was what I was aiming to achieve from the beginning of this project, taller, skinnier and still able to carry a load that the machine could deal with. Since the 22.5's are rated at almost 7000lbs per single tire, load for this little machine is within easy reason :)