1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

our anti skid rocks are frozen in the box,anyway to prevent this??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Outd00r Maint.., Dec 12, 2009.

1. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

hey guys,

couple week ago we added two box's with anti-skid rocks, yesterday when i wanted to get some it was all frozen,can i put something in to unfreeze it?? these box's are at daycare's so will have to be something not harmless to kids.

thanks

2. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

I'm sure someone will speak up against this but I know when my spreader froze up I used windshield washer fluid... Worked well

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Washer fluid will break it loose, at least temporarily. If you can't put even a little rock salt in, your sand needs to be bone dry. Locally folks buy "Tube sand" for their vehicles. It's just dry sand, doesn't freeze.

4. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

thats what i thought,winshiedl washer fluid...when i was at ups i peeped at there salt box and sure enough there was green mark across it so they did ad some ......but i need something safe for kids..