1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Dec 29, 2000.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Well... went back to the hospital tonight to FINALLY get that tube taken out. Still off of work for another week though. I tell you what, having all that tape (holding the tubes, & the valve in place) RIPPED off my chest hurt like $#@!

There were spots that the tape actually took skin off!!! I didn't even feel the tube come out, I was still concentrating on the pain from the tape! I want to find the nurse that put all that crap on me and wrap it around her freakin head!

Sorry... just needed to vent.

2. Psyclopse

Psyclopse Member

You know, sometimes I think these nurses do that stuff on purpose. Maybe in this case it would be OK to bury her car with snow...
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Try having them pull one out because they think the lung is healed and then finding out it isn't so they put another one back in.
  4. MJ

MJ Senior Member

Tim - you might casually mention that usually people try not to hurt a guy who could bury their car with snow.

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

They probably did it that way so you wouldn't mess with the tube while you were at home
  6. SlimJim Z71

I can understand them not wanting the tube to move around, but COME ON!!! From the bottom of my rib-cage UP was covered with tape. If I find out which car is hers... she won't be able to find it till SPRING!!!

7. Dusty

Dusty Member

I tell them that I am allergic to the regular tapes and they always use a paper tape on me. When it has to come off, they just cut the bandage free of the tape and leave the tape on. I go home and take a hot shower and the paper tape just washes free and there is no pain. If you have a hairy chest, next time ask them to shave the hair off, or better yet, do it yourself before you go to the doctor.
  8. SlimJim Z71

I wasn't hairy to begin with (thank god)... but now I'm completely bare! LOL RRRRIIIIPPPPPPPP!!!

Man... I can still feel it.

9. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Glad your feeling good enough to vent. At least they didn't install it with staples:}. Maybe Norm Abrams could do that.
    Are you getting by okay with your plowing?
  10. SlimJim Z71

Yeah... so far so good. Only problem is, I can't lift salt into my hopper. I've told my customers that, and that there is a shortage of salt, so they understand. My whole upper body is pretty weak still. But otherwise I'm doing okay. Looks like I'm going to have a little bit of a break this week as far as weather goes. Give me a little more time to heal, and then maybe I'll be back to 100%.