1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OUCH.... pump rub fun

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by musclecarboy, Aug 6, 2008.

1. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

I heard a bang on the highway last night, limped home, saw this welcoming scene this morning.

phone pic 055.jpg

phone pic 056.jpg

phone pic 057.jpg

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

ouch !

man ouch is the right word ,in the pocket .:cry:

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

HOUSTON,,,,,you have a problem:help:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That didn't take long from the date of your last thread asking about T-case noises and bearing replacement Vibrations. And I can't say thats the first time I've seen carnage like that due to a low fluid level on these T-cases due to the pump rub issues they all seem to have.

At least you now know for sure what needs replaced. :realmad:

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

How many Km are on your truck, when it blew.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

300K judging from his last thread JD. Surprised it went that long before the pump rub became a problem as far as running it low on fluid. Many trucks don't make it to 100K before it does.

A pump rub kit should be on ANYONES upgrade list that runs one of these T-cases (01-up 2500/3500 GM) in order to prevent this kind of damage. Can't stress it enough. :nod:

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I should probably get my 02 done. thanks.

8. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Get on that JD. It had 316,129 when I clunked in to the mechanic's this morning.

I bought the truck about 10,000km ago and never really noticed the pump rub until a few weeks after owning it. I've been topping it up since but went to Muskoka for the weekend and out to Ajax to meet a client and it popped on the way home from ajax. I guess 6-700km without a top up at 100km/h+ speeds ran it dry and destroyed it.

Its off the truck but the mechanic is having trouble finding a rear case half for it. My other choice is a used one for $1950 + install.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you care for it most definitly. Merchant has the kits here: Pump rub prevent kit

$250 now or much much more later.Your choice. You do have to pull the T-case out to install the kit but it's not a tough job.

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I actually want to take my other truck to Merchants for a Suncoast tranny rebuild. I have talked to Eric before seems like a good guy. 6+ hour trip is the only problem, I can;t find a good tranny shop around here, that I trust.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You could pull the trans out and ship it to them. Probably be cheaper than fuel. :(

And Eric knows his stuff. :nod:

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I can pull it out myself, maybe this winter. My torque conveter doesn't seem to want to hook up anymore, so I thought I might as well build her up right while she's out.:drinkup:

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How much power adder goodies you have on it?

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I took the DPF off and straight piped her. I gutted the air box and have a PPE Hot+2 running on level 5. I would like to do more to it but the tranny can't handle it, so there's no sense doing anymore. I try to stay off the D-Max sites because it puts way too many ideas into my head. I would really like to get into the 13's nothing crazy like some of the guys. Just something fast enough to get to church on time.:D

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That'll do it. :D

Thought thats what the Vette is for? wesport

Get expensive fast doesn't it? The faster it goes the faster it costs...and it's exponential of course. :D

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I don't like cars, I would sell it but the wife won't let me. Still sitting in the garage under a tarp, havn't had it out this year.

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You could buy a ton of truck goodies with the cash from the vette...

Your mission JD if you choose to accept it is to convince the wife you don't need the Vette...and then convince her you need more truck parts.

If we don't hear from you for a while..we'll assume you accepted the challenge...and failed. :D

18. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

JD, sell the car and put some piece of junk under the tarp. I bet she never looks. LOL

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks for the idea. LOL

20. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

try 4x heaven in gloversville ny, that is his specialty here is the link you could mail it to him
    http://www.4xheaven.com/