1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

otlet for 12-16 conducter cable?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by dave_dj1, Sep 6, 2011.

1. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I have a Whelen Edge 9000 that is loaded but only has about 2' of the orig. cable, I am looking for a place that sells something that would work (other than new 20' piece).
    Somebody out there must have a vendor that carries multi conductor cables. Now that I think about it, 10 conductor would work.
    thanks,
    dave

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The cable for that bar is sheilded. You'd have to find a place that sells sheilded cable in 10 conductor. Try your local law enforcement warning light installation place they are the vendors in your area for those tyoe of products. If you are unsure on where to go, go to whelens site, and then search for a dealer in your area.

3. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I had already talked to a vendor, 200 bucks for the 20' piece! NOT!
    The only shielding I see is on a black and white pair, Whelen says it's for a speaker (which I don't have).

I do have one place to call this morning, to see if they have any or a drop or well by the foot.

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I probably have a piece that will work for what you need. I install medical equipment, and have lots of multi- conductor wire in my shop. I know I don't pay anywhere near 10 dollars a foot for it. Let me look and see what I have this afternoon, and I will let you know.

5. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Very cool, thank you

6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

I got some too, email me please. (mrdissociative@gmail.com)

7. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Thanks, I have some on the way (if it ever arrives)...LOL
    I will keep you posted if I can't use what's coming.
    thanks again,
    dave

8. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

well it looks as though the streetwire I ordered will work just fine. I will keep you guys in mind on my next project though ...lol
    thanks guys,
    dave