1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Other USES for the truck during SUMMER 04'

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Eyesell, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Thought I'd post a few pic's of the old rig being used for something other than pushing snow. Anyone else have any ??

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

and another one :drinkup:

3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

oh yeah baby, MORE !!!!

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Last one, rig was little dirty, rained on the way down to the show :mad:

5. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Eyesell,
    Great looking truck. Man you can't even tell that you plowed this past year with it! Nice B.F. G.'s, what size did you go with? That is a great looking FORD! Like I said before my brother has one identical to it. GREAT TRUCKS THOSE FORD F250 SUPERDUTYS!:waving: Nice to see posting good pictures again eyesell!
    BOAST

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

That is a nice looking truck eyesell, does it bother you that the boss mount hangs so low? I guess thats the disadvantage of all plows that have power hitches. Boss plows are nice though.

Well i don't have any pictures but i used my truck for many things this summer, helping people move, moving large stuff, and landscaping for a few people i know. Also towed my uncles boat from MA to Florida because he does not have a truck as he usually hires someone to move it. Today i had a minor problem that was truck related. I was at my grandparents house mowing their lawn and doing some other work which involved getting rid of large bushes along the driveway. The bushes were half dead and a pain in the a$$ when i plow there. So i get my chain one end goes around the bush and is secured tightly and the other gets wrapped around the tow bar that the trailer hitch attaches to. Throw it in 4 low slam on the gas and out come the shrubs roots and all. Well i did this 6 times for each bush and the 6th time i did not secure the chain to the bush very well so it snapped back and dented the tailgate :yow!: Oh well just have to get it touched up my fault for not making sure the chain was tight.

7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Chris, Hate to hear of accidents, but your right what are ya going to do. My plow looks lower than it really is, I was forwarned by my buddy ( who has the same plow ) to watch for curbs. Well ya know, to date I have not hit one, just careful I guess or maybe just Lucky !! :eek:

8. Greensway

Greensway Member

I use it to pull a camper when I get some spare time

trailer-may5-04 001 (Small).jpg

9. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

what does your camper weigh ??, I'm in my 8th year with the Jayco and am planning on buying a 5th wheel next year, the one I selected has 3 slides but shows a GVWR of 12,000 lbs. Just wondering how the truck pulls it. Do you have a V-10 or the V8.

10. Greensway

Greensway Member

Loaded up 10,500, I have the v-10 and it pulls with no problems at all.
    8.5 mpg at 65 and the camper on the back.

11. This is what the truck gets to pull around when there is no snow to push.

IMG022.JPG

IMG026.JPG

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004
  12. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Eyesell, I still want a ride in the Chevelle! :nod:

13. The Boss

If everything goes right this winter, I'll be buying this from my friend Bob in the spring. Runs 126mph in the quarter. Certified! :yow!:

Resized_Resized_DSC00016.jpg

14. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

our boat..
    [​IMG]

15. The Boss

Where's the pic? :drinkup:

16. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Nice comments guys, hey hate to say it but the old 250 is gone in 3 weeks, moving onto something new. If anyone is interested buy out is 21,000 with 35K on the clock.

17. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Sorry $ 25,500.00 on the buy out, I wish 21,000.00.

18. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Here's what I pull:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

20. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Steve

you got all the stuff, :nod: