1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Other uses for the plow??

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cocco78, Feb 21, 2009.

1. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

What else do you guys use your plow for? I don't have any pics yet but i'm in the process of building an attachment to make my plow into a mini forklift for moving stuff around, like axles! This is probably the biggest thing I'd consider moving, a Ford Dana 60 front axle. Most of the other stuff I need to move around is alot lighter than this. But I have a bad back and can't lift much at all. So I have to make due.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=auxw8w&s=5

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=33c3qbl&s=5

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I spread mulch a few years ago with my old truck because I didnt have a loader at the time lol. I used it on my beach 2 years ago to level it off lol.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I have mine at the end of the driveway ,so when my wife is backing up and hits it she knows to stop then.

4. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Saw a couple with the the blade de-skinned except for the bottom 6 inches by the cutting blade. They used them on constrution sites to clean the mud/dirt off of the road at the end of the day.

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

thats actuallyt a good idea. but why cut it?

6. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

haha thats great.

we've pushed leaf piles before. not with my plow and truck but our work trucks

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I use mine to find man hole covers and similar items hidden by snow.

8. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Cut for air flow to the rad. for summer time....

9. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

cocco78 what's the dana 60 lying around for? For any project?

10. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

Its an 88 srw, kingpins, 3.55 gears, complete hub to hub. No plans for it yet but it was to good of a deal to pass up. I am kinda in the market for a 94-97 F250 or F350 Powerstroke, seems like i've been finding F250's in better shape than the F350's. So I thought I'd pick this up to swap out the TTB when I find my perfect powerstroke! But, my comanche in the video is getting a D44/D60 combo this summer, might probably toss this 60 up front instead of the 44.

We started working on the d44/d60 combo already for the swap.
    [​IMG]

11. beaver2

beaver2 Member

Off topic, but....

Can a DRW front dana 60 be switched so it is the same as a SRW dana 60? I have a dana 60 that I'm going to swap on my 97' f250 after the ttb wears out. It is out of a 350 DRW though.

12. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

Yep, just need the srw hubs. I'm pretty sure the spindles are the same, just need the single wheel hub without the spacer. I'm not sure, but might want to look into if your TTB 50 stuff could swap over (I doubt it but never know...) I'm actually building that ford D44 in the pic above with all chevy outters, it was a half ton axle and i'm using 3/4ton chevy steering knucles and swapping over to 8 lug, so its amazing what can be swapped around with some research.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  13. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

Hiniker factory tests there plows by back filling tile trenches lol

14. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

The forklift idea will work, my friend used his jeep to lift wood creates almost full of wood for his outdoor burner, just have to know what it can lift before you fill the pallet to much lol.

15. beaver2

beaver2 Member

Cool- thanks for the info

16. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

i have seen a guy put tires on one to move cars in a used car lot

17. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

looks like something from the ozarks.....it's sure is nice to have forklifts

18. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

What is that supposed to do?...

If its still on the front of my truck and its still in one piece, its gotta be a Hiniker Plow.
    LOL :gunsfiring: if only that were not an oxymoronic statement!

19. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

Its another use for a plow, isn't that what this topics about , read the first post:dizzy:

20. frostyballz

frostyballz Member