1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"other" leveling options? 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DrakeSabitch, May 9, 2011.

1. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

hey guys i know this is a really old subject, but as i am doing more research, i am getting a little overwhelmed with simply/safely trying to level out my truck. I have the t-bars just about fully cranked, front end is still a tiny bit down tho, but the truck is almost level, could go up about another 1/2"-3/4", maybe, to be perfect. I Don't want to turn the t bars up any more. As i read some forums online, i talked myself out of getting the bigger keys since supposedly they are a waste of money, and thinking about just going with shock extender brackets, and bigger shocks. The truck rides HORRIBLE now, and i know leveling it any kind of way is not good for the front suspension, but i'm on a budget, and need to save my front end.

The Question: will doing this keep my current front end height or even get it a little more level AND improve my ride quality? thinking of tossing out the stock shocks and throwing in some bilsteins. just trying to see if this is a waste of time and money or not

if your from Mass, you know how bad the roads absolutely suck. Also, any opinions/issues on installing 2" lift blocks in the back in addition to that set up? THANKS

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

If you have the bars turned up all the way you are probably hitting the droop stops on the frame. Try jacking up the truck and see if you have any more downward travel. If you are trying to level it out why add 2" blocks to the back?

3. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

want the blocks to help the sag when i tow the enclosed trailer. i guess i worded it wrong, just want the front end up a little more while trying to fix the ride quality, but im not 100% on installing the blocks, just an option right now. so if i dont do the blocks, then its just a leveling situation

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

If you want to help rear end sag then get a set of rear timbrens

5. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Or Airbags, I love mine! I still sit ass high with a 20' enclosed and a dump insert heaped with mulch

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Good point, I have a set in my 97', they work great!

7. sd_truck_tech

sd_truck_tech Inactive

Hello Drake,

We always have great success with firestone air bags and timbren kits in the rear of the truck. Blocks are more of a reindexing and not really giving any additional load support. As far as the front I would 100% choose a timbren kit. They are fairly cheap and extremely easy to install.

Let me know if you have any questions about either. We deal with these things all day.