1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oswego County Snow pics?

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by penberth, Feb 7, 2007.

1. penberth

penberth Member

I would ask for some pictures of that, but my guess is all those guys are still plowing....
    I saw this on weather.com...

A BAND OF INTENSE LAKE EFFECT SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BECOME NEARLY STATIONARY ACROSS NORTHERN OSWEGO COUNTY FROM LATE THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING...MAINLY NORTH OF A LINE FROM SCRIBA TO PARISH. THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND THURSDAY NIGHT THE BAND WILL BEGIN TO MEANDER...AND WILL LIKELY SINK SOUTH INTO CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN OSWEGO COUNTY AT TIMES. SNOWFALL RATES WILL REACH 4 TO 5 INCHES PER HOUR UNDER THE MOST INTENSE PORTION OF THE BAND.

ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS TONIGHT WILL REACH 2 TO 3 FEET IN THE MOST PERSISTENT BANDS OVER THE NORTHERN SECTION OF THE COUNTY. ANOTHER FOOT IS POSSIBLE THURSDAY...AND ANOTHER FOOT THURSDAY NIGHT ACROSS MUCH OF THE COUNTY AS THE BAND MEANDERS SOUTH. THIS WILL BRING STORM TOTALS FOR THE WEEK TO 100 INCHES OR MORE IN SOME LOCATIONS.

Read that last section again...

THIS WILL BRING STORM TOTALS FOR THE WEEK TO 100 INCHES OR MORE IN SOME LOCATIONS.

Damn, 100" in one week?

Bryan

2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Here is one from Adams.

Here is one from the Adams NY area from this morning.2'-3' maybe more on the way so I was told...

Picture003.jpg

3. Rampart Ranger

Rampart Ranger Senior Member

I hope DOT back there did not get rid of the Big Iron, and the experienced operators. Looks like the old Lake Effect days.

Now maybe some of the small contractors around the lakes will see the purpose of the V plow and full chains. If 2-3 feet pile up before you can get to it, first push through with a V (actually A), then beat her back.

Enjoy gents! Try not to abuse the rig TOO bad.

4. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

HOLY CHIT MAN. :eek: 100 inches in a week, thats friggin amazing. 4-5 inches an HOUR :dizzy: Yikes. How would you be able to keep up with that? :help: But hey you make a-lot of dough though. payup If you don't blow up first.

5. lumps

lumps Senior Member

argh! I've been plowing in Oswego for years. I just moved out to Buffalo, and Oswego gets this, lol. And of course, I'm not in the South towns, so I'm seeing basically no snow. (which is probably alright, I sold my plow and truck when I moved :cry: ) definitely post more pics when you can!

6. lumps

lumps Senior Member

oh yeah, and the V plow is definitely the way to go. after plowing in oswego for years with V and straight blades, i'll never go back to straight. in a storm like they're getting, you can end up with 5' banks at the end of the driveway to punch through, and only a v will do it.

7. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Guys.. I Will Get Some Pictures.. Its So Bad Plows Got Pulled Off The Roads Today.. State Of Emergency For All Of Oswego.. Its Bad. And Only Getting Worse.. Home For A Few Back Out To Work All Night Again.. Im A Tad South So Its Not As Bad.. But I Get Reports Out Of Oswego And Its Bad.. Most Towns Have Already Goten 80 Inches Wiht 2 More Feet Forcasted Tongiht...

8. Oshkosh

9. firelwn82

Damn. Is all I can say

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Holy chit!!!! That is so weird, everywhere else gets little to no snow, and in a small area, they get the blizzard of 07' They are the ones stealing all the snow. I bet they wish they could share it, though

11. Oshkosh

I just got an email...

I just got an email from my buddy in Adams NY,they had a break today only about 1-2" but that put them at the 110" mark!!!! More on the way so he was told.
    I've plowed some long storms but I cannot imagine what they are going threw....They have more on the ground than we get all winter on average.Heck ,they got more in a two hour period than we have gotten all this winter.
    Go Figure!

12. mreamer

mreamer Member

Can you say snow melter...

13. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

Are They Looking For Any Heavy Equipment Out There??? Ill Drive Out There If We Can Make A Buck, It Might Be Worth The 10 Hr Drive..

14. Oshkosh

From what I have been told

As far as the roads go from what I have been told they handle everything in house.Not like around here...
    As far as the private contractors go??????

15. firelwn82

Why hasn't theNational Guard step up like in Colorado? They comondered equiptment from people to get the stuff cleaned up.

16. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

They are used to up there. I grew up not too far east from that area, still in the snowbelt range. They know how to move the snow. Even moreso on the Tug Hill. Makes me wish I was back home in NY right about now. My camera would probably fuze together inside with all the pictures I'd be taking!

17. Oshkosh

I know the feeling

I hear you I keep running threw my head how I could get out there and get some photos and video without being in the way...Just don't want to add to the problem!!! It still amazes me that these small farm towns have such a large DPW to handle everything in house...I see your photos and some of these small towns have better equipment than the state of Maine and Massachusetts combined...Go Figure!

18. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

123" as of this morning in Orwell, NY. That would be a record. Calling for 29 more inches by tmr night.

19. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Just took a look at the national weather service forecast, get this, more bands starting back up tonight, could be an ADDITIONAL 3-4 FEET by Monday. Unreal.

20. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

This is all due to the warm winter we have been having. The lakes are very warm, and with warm lakes, and cond air from Canada, we get heavy lake effect as a result.