1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

oshkosh

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by sam c, Mar 20, 2004.

1. sam c

sam c Member

1963 M42208 Oshkosh. I bought it from the original owner, Monroe County HWY Dpt. Sparta Wisconsin, in 1995. Trucked it to NH. restored it, plowed for a local municipality til I sold it 2 yrs ago:cry:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  2. ih82plow

ih82plow Senior Member

WOW

Nice truck when I get rich I would like to find one and restore it .

That and an old B model mack six wheeler tractor .

I used to plow for my dad in an old b model mack

3. snowbiter

snowbiter Member

Gotta ask--Why did you sell it ?

4. sam c

sam c Member

Hey Snowbiter, I had a chance to get two condo. accounts, for summer maint. but they wanted the same co. summer & winter. Summer income automatic $2K per. month ea. So, a dozen res. driveways and the two condos is what I plow now. Winters are to unpredictable around here. 01/02 40 hrs. plowing, 02/03 400 hrs. and the Oshkosh was a high maint. machine, for only 4 months a year use. But on a good year I could make more $ alone w/the Oshkosh than w/the condos and driveways which I have to hire help for. Which one do you think was more fun & less headaches? ...... I thought so.

5. sam c

sam c Member

Hey ih82plow, You don't have to be rich. I paid $10K before trucking and resto. You can pick up nice a Oshkosh for the same as a used pick-up! There all over up-state NY. Find the work, then find a truck.

6. snowbiter

snowbiter Member

Yep:nod: year round accountspayup