1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oshkosh V-plow video, Big Snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Big Chief, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

wow man thats a true classic for sure . i found that walter on youtube in summer and your oshkosh is doing what they do best . i love watching old iron out plowing the new stuff :D
  3. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Now that is some serious plowing. Makes me feel like I'm still playing in the sand box... lol
  4. itzkcatz

itzkcatz Member
    from CT

Gesh i cant even imagine that much snow! We are lucky if it snows 4 times a year now.
  5. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

That is a crap load of snow. Why wouldn't you keep the side plow up on the first pass so theres less resistance on the truck and just vplow the first pass?
  6. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

nice! Love that old iron pushin' back the snow.
  7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That poor clutch of yours is taking a pounding :dizzy: Awesome videos...wish they were longer.
  8. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Now thats what Im talking about!!:D
  9. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

That is so bad a$$!!! My wife and I were contemplating moving to Colorado and now I wish we did!!
  10. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Cummins power!!...thats crazy amout of snow
  11. doh

doh Senior Member

Bean there, done that. His problem is the bank on both sides. It will just blow in even deeper with the next wind.

Lake roads suck. I have plowed for 10 hours one direction, only to turn around and come back. To see the road has even more snow in the road.

1 bank on the down wind side and to widen the road drag the snow from windward side and fling it over the downwind side bank.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  12. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

No Downhill side

Problem is: There is a dirt bank on the east side. You cannot put anymore snow over there. I to have "been there done that" As any good plowman knows. You cannot judge how someone has plowed something unless you have seen the area in both summer and winter! Grant.
  13. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Hi Grant

So how has the snow been out there this season?
    Looks like you are having a good mid season...
  14. doh

doh Senior Member

True enough, I didn't see the dirt bank.

I had just plowed out a cabin road that a V plow came out of the night before. The road was full bank to bank.
  15. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

Lots O snow!

Oshkosh, We've been getting a bunch this year. Big chief is actually profitable! Was glad I caught some V-Plow action for once. I don't use the V unless I have to. Not real efficient for everday road plowing but man did it work GOOD!! Grant.
  16. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

17. VeePlow

VeePlow Junior Member

VEE PLOWS... The punk rock of the snow plow world.:nod:
  18. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

in the second video it looks like his plow isn't all the way down? too much snow for a single pass or am i looking at it wrong?,...cool anyway !!!!
  19. AllOutLandscape

AllOutLandscape Member

i bet you get good mileage......hahaha

im guessing about 12......gallons to the mile