1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oshkosh Plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowPro93, Dec 2, 2006.

1. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

i was wondering if you guys know how much an oshkosh flip plow with dual cutting edges is worth? i posted a picture of one below.

pseries4.jpg

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

FYI they are called Roll Over plows, at least according to the mfg.

3. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

Snow pro I don't now what they're worth but, a local yard has 2 for sale. I used one back in the 80's they have 3 problems imo. They're so heavy they broke the front springs on the trucks. They don't have any trip mechanism, so when you hit something it bends the plow and sometimes it won't roll over anymore.You better have a real good parking lot or they will rip it up.

4. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

ya we're thinking of painting it and putting it on ebay....or may put it on our loader....think an L90 Michigan would handle it???

5. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

I'm not familiar with your loader. How many yards is it? what does it weigh? We had a terex 72 10 at that time about a 2 yard machine. It would just barely pick it up. They're too heavy for anything but a runway IMO. If your machine has to carry all that weight around it won't push as much. Around here you can buy a one way plow for about $500 or a large angle blade for about $1200. They are much lighter and would be more efficient