1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OSHKOSH for sale on E-bay, I want it !!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Eyesell, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

:D :D Look up cool in the dictionary and there it is :D I was looking at one like it thats not restored and they wanted $5000.00:eek: Glad to see Im not the only one surfing ebay out of boredum.

3. starc

starc Senior Member

Cool the way the blade flips over....

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That thing's been on ebay 2 or 3 time's now.I guess the price is to high or people just dont recognize cool truck's.

5. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Nice But Limited....

A Nice rebuilt truck,The only issue with that plow is NO trip edge.....Can be brutal on the ole head.....

6. Oshkosh

He probably bought it for ...

I've bought and sold a few of those different years and models he probably paid $8,000 and gave it a quick red wash....

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking the same thing.

8. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome truck, but I've seen it pop up for sale often over the past few years. Needs double wings on it though!

9. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

So I take it the buy it now price is out of line ??

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just a tad, in my book! :eek:

11. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't say out of line. A bit high, yes. I think the paint overspray on the right front tire takes the value way down. :) I doubt any contractor would spend that kind of money just to rough it up. That truck belongs in a museum, not out on the road. It looks to be in incredible shape and with the rebuilds, I'm sure a lot of $$ went into it. You could definitely find a similar truck cheaper. Definitely not as clean!

12. Oshkosh

They keep popping up at auction

Three or four just went off on Gov surplus all low mileage etc....Just dark green instead of fresh red and fresh cat yellow.
    A Double wing and a belly blade would make it a beast and useful.
    You must remember that is a "re-manufactured" truck, a WT model is from the 50's to early 60's.Oshkosh has a couple different programs on the rebuilds,that may have just had the cab, engine and trans done or it may have been totally rebuilt from the ground up.Would have to run serial numbers threw Oshkosh to know for sure.
    I think a fair price would be in the $20,000 range or under.Still expensive but if you have a use for it would worth it.

13. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

That truck is in GREAT condition. It should be in a museum.:nod: If I had the $$$$ I it would be sitting in my lot right now.:D

14. Oshkosh

Here is an example in the local Autohunter this issue;

1981 Oshkosh 2206 - $8,000 Back to search results
    enlarge

CAT 3406 eng, auto, 14.00 x 24†tires, Belly blade & V-plow

Date posted: 12/7/2006 11:31:21 AM

Contact Information

Franklin, MA
    Phone: (508) 735-6961

2206.jpg