1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oring keeps blowing on Power V check valve

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mudking82, Mar 30, 2011.

1. mudking82

mudking82 Junior Member

This site has so much great information. I have been lurking for some time, and I finally have a question I can't find an answer to by searching. I have a 8' Boss Power V that the o-ring keeps blowing out on for the check valve. I attached a picture of the fitting in question. I had a puddle, so I checked it out and found the big o-ring cracked at the sealing surface. I replaced it, but after one day of plowing it was shot again. I replaced it again, same thing a day later. I have tried just snugging up the valve once the o-ring hits the body, as well as actually tightening it down good, neither make a difference. I am thinking either the hardware store o-rings are junk, or I am getting the slightly wrong size. Anyone know of the proper size needed off hand?

Also my wings retract way too easy when plowing, is there any way this could be causing the o-rings to blow? (when the plow forces back it increases pressure and blows the o-ring?) I know I need to adjust this, I just need to get a gauge first.

Thanks in advance.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

B&B would be the guy to talk to about your issues your having. How old is the plow? That probably has something to do with the wings wanting to retract to easily. I mean lets face it, parts wear out over time. And welcome to the site.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That's the pump check valve Jeremy. Simply replace it as it will include a new (but more importantly correct) O-ring. P/n is HYD01640 and it only runs around $20 or so. That should put a stop to the issue.

And to fix the weak wings it likely just needs the wing reliefs adjusted. We covered a little on that a few posts down in here.
  4. mudking82

mudking82 Junior Member

Yeah I read that thread about adjusting the pressure, hoping to do it, just need to get a gauge and fittings. Thanks for the info. I will order the part.