1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ordering tires Monday Morning

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by badbowtie, Oct 31, 2015.

1. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

I am ordering tires Monday morning for my 2003 Chevy Dually I use it for towing and I also snow plow with it. On my 99 dually I used the goodyear duratracs and really liked all the traction I got I very seldom even used 4x4 most of the time just 1500 pounds in bed and 2wd I could go anywhere and push anything. I just hate the thought of spending another 1300.00 for a set. I am thinking for half the price I am going to buy the treadwright Axiom A/T tires with kedge grip. I can get all 6 to my door for 650.00 215/85-16 Any reasons I should run from them? I may even go ahead and order dyna beads for them to balance them all out.
  2. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

In 2011 or 2012 I ordered 2 sets of tires from Treadwright. One set was Wardens and one set was Guard Dog. I also ordered Kedge. I have absolutely no complaints with them. The Wardens outlasted the Dodge they were on, and the Guard Dogs are still in use. I probably wouldn't pay for Kedge again, couldn't see how it could improve traction.
  3. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

I went a ahead and ordered the axiom last night since they offered 10% off for Halloween. I sure hope they show up this week and I will try to get them mounted this weekend. I did go ahead and ordered kedge grip for the little bit extra to atleast try.
  4. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Curious to see how they do.. Ive saw jeep guys run treadwrights with no problems but when it comes to the bigger heavier trucks they reviews seem to be very mixed... I just got a toyo open country at2's for my 2500... My tires were horrible last year. No way I could even think of plowing in 2wd... Ran them as long as I could, tread was still good but they were hard... Cant wait to see how they do this year. My buddy has them on his 7.3 crew cab 250 and he showed me up many times last year.. Made it places I could only dream of going....
  5. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

Well my tires showed up yesterday and I just need to figure out how and when I am going to get them mounted. I did pick up 6 6oz bags of dyna beads so I got them. I just need to stop at a tire shop today and see if I can pick up 6 80psi valve stems. I would like to get a hold of a buddy of mine and see if I can go to his place tomorrow and do them. I just not sure I want a tire shop to do it I hate the way they rush thru everything. I do have a hand tire changer that I have done probably 200 tires on so I guess otherwise I will have to do them myself.
  6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

You'd be better off paying a shop
  7. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

I decided to go ahead and mount them all tonight got front two done and went ahead and turned truck around and started on the back 4 got to the last tire and ass soon as bead seated I still heard air leaking turned tire over and look what I find. So know I have already submitted a warranty claim but I am pissed. I guess I will have to re mount one of the old tires and run it on the rear I need to drive the truck all week.

8. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

Well after all day and calling treadwright about 30 times never could get a hold of anybody in the warranty department but hit extension one to order can get a hold of them with no problems. I had to get pretty ****** with the lady that answered the phone to go find me a manager. For her to get on the phone and tell me that they will call me tomorrow to discuss my warranty claim to see if it is approved. Then they will not next day air a tire so will take 3-6 days for shipping. I honestly have no faith in them to call me tomorrow at all.