1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ordering hideaways, what do I need?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaySpring Services, Nov 20, 2005.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Im ordering a whelen 90watt 6 head stobe kit from Lshlights. Do the kits come with the power and flash selector switch or do I need to buy that too? If so where's a good place to get them?
  2. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

I have the same kit from LSH lights. If you do it like I did you will need three on-off switches and one momentary switch. One switch to power the box and the other two switches turn the lights on. The momentary switch is used to change patterns. You will also need a fuse holder, wire, butt connectors etc.
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

First off you will need to wire it to whelens spec's. Which means a fused line from the battery both postive and neg feeds. Yes I tryed to ground it to the frame and it will not work, don't ask me why but after 3 calls to whelen tech support they made it clear that both feeds had to go all the way back to the battery. 1-20 amp switch will do the job, to switch the flash pattern you add 12 volts to the purple wire for a second. Its all there in whelen's direction's. I posted pictures a few months ago about the install on my 2005 chevy.

Good Luck Mike