1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ordered my plow today!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by CornerStoneProp, Nov 24, 2009.

1. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

I ordered my vx80 and can't wait till next week for the install! Just not looking forward to the drive... CT to VA, but the price was right!

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

What did you save? Thats a long drive to save a few bucks. Are you having it installed down there?

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Looking forward to meeting you man, see ya next week!

4. CornerStoneProp

alot is what I saved!

5. 1fast432

1fast432 Member

Dec 2nd is my date for the new snowdogg.Kind of excited its my first plow!!!!!!!

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

OK then.lol What happens if it breaks or any other issues? I'm just saying around here, it would go to the back of the pack if any dealer found out it was bought "on line" good luck with it. Thats a hell of a lot cheaper than my Fisher Extreme V was.

7. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

post pics!

8. CornerStoneProp

I will have pics up ASAP. As for dealer issues, I am buying it online from another dealer so I expect that will be a non issue. I have only heard good things so I guess we will just hope and see. Local news is calling for 1ft more snow than normal this year but we all know they have no clue. Wish me luck. Oh and yes it is being installed down in VA

9. F150dash

F150dash Member

My install date was for tommrow now not sure. Booked my install date 4 weeks ago and my plow still isn't at the dealer. I am not very pleased at this point. There is some snow in the forecast for next week and I have no plow. As soon as I had booked my install I was able to unload my old plow. So at this moment I have nothing. :realmad:

10. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

As Brian Young stated, be warned if you take this plow to your local dealer for a warranty problem they will put you at the back of the line to repair your problem, it could take days in the middle of a snow storm to get your repair done. Dealers will always put the people that bought plows from them ahead of you for warranty repairs.

11. CornerStoneProp

and I would almost expect that... Do they ever just give you a part and let you fix it or do they need to complete the repair for the warranty. I do not plan on beating this plow up too much, but I know the first time I plow a "friends drive" I will break something. This year will be residential work so I don't forsee too much wear. I guess only time will tell. Wish me luck!

12. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

Just placed my order for a MD75 today. Install date is some time in the next 2 weeks. I gotta drive about 40 miles to have it installed.

13. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

No I do not believe they will give you the part and let you fix it yourself. Good Luck

14. CornerStoneProp

Sorry to the guys at ESI, whom are great, that this took so long to post... The plow is on the truck and the install went well. My first new plow ever! I made a drive to get the plow and the guys made it known that they appreciated my business!! Communication was excellent as well as the delivery of service! I have already recommended ESI to another person here in CT. The plow works great from what I can tell.. The weather people were calling for up to 6" and there is just about 1/2" in the grass and none on the pavement. Time will tell....

15. bad72blazerct

bad72blazerct Junior Member
    from CT

hmmm maybe i should haul down to Virginia. i was gona install one myself from a dealer up here. i really like snowdogs

16. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

They r nice plows for the money, but u'll be at the dealer for something or another over the next so many years.

What could you have saved to make it worth your time? $500? I woulda easily made a friend at a local dealer for such a little amount of much money.

That said, hope your first Winter is a fun 1.

17. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

The difference between my dealers here in cincinnati is over $1000 more than ESI's prices, plus my dealers are rude, well worth a drive in my opinion. Jim@esi has been awsome to deal with so i will continue to do business with him.. Having a local dealer that will service you is great but not if they want to rob you and almost make you beg to spend money there.

18. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

Wow, $1000 is wild, have to admit. But Cinncinatti to Virginia? That's gotta b a hike.

19. CornerStoneProp

the dealer around here is nice, and will service my plow if I need. Jim @ ESI was awesome and took great care of me. I have been passing out their card... I am sure at some point I will need some kind of repair, but that should be awhile. So far I have like 3-4 driveways so not too much on the plow... The price difference around here was closer to 2k!

20. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

2K! I just looked at their prices online and they seem inline with what prices are here in Cleveland. In fact, the price is exactly the same as I paid for my plow.

Hmm...I guess dealers in other places must really try and gouge people.