1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ordered my new Hiniker today

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by topdj, Oct 12, 2007.

1. topdj

topdj Senior Member

bought a model 700 personal plow, I went and looked a the local dealer and the pump is the same on they use on the bigger models, I looked at the welds and just the whole build of the thing. with shoes the shipped price was 3140 to a truck terminal, I considered a fisher or western personal plow but the pump is tiny compaired this plow is 26" tall and will have less blow over than the western or fisher personals. this even has full sized hydrolic cylinders and a 2 year warrenty. Im not doing commercial work so an RD or other plow was not needed , I did like the 26 snoway but it was more $ than I wanted to spend.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I have an 6yr 8.2 Hinni,

no real problems other than replacing the plugs.

Just make sure you push on the foot pedel before you remove your plow;)

Good luck with yours.

3. topdj

topdj Senior Member

ok I dont quite understand what you said

4. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

After you remove your new plow for the first time you will lol
    Just fallow the instructions on the back of the blade.;)

After a few years corrosion takes it's toll on their plugs (for the power & controller.
    Spray them regularly with Fluid Film and you will be fine.

5. topdj

topdj Senior Member

oh I have a few things for the plugs, I was a electrician so I have a few products that if used right in the begining should prevent it, I like to WD40 all the bare metal too, I will be hosing it off after every use, depending on the temp

6. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Fluid Film makes wd-40 look like salt water.;)
    Take a look at this stuff you can even get a free sampel can.

just go to the fluid film thread and send them an e-mail;)

7. topdj

topdj Senior Member

got the plow assembled on thurday night
    and got the frame mount on today, next is the wiring harness.
    the that damn plow is HEAVY for a homeowners plow, Id call it overbuilt or light commercial if you asked me.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Plows are a small side line for Hiniker. They primary build farm machinery, they are nothing if not unnecessary HEAVY. Not criticizing just commenting, they're durable take care of it and it will out last the truck that's pushing it.

Might I suggest that you install a set of timbrens immediately if not sooner.
    http://www.timbren.com/timbren-application-guides/application-pdfs/GMFK15C.pdf

The new 1500 chevy platform has one of the softest front ends I've ever encountered. Not criticizing just commenting.

If you want to cut back on the over steer, gain rear traction, plus add longevity to your front end components you must add front suspension assist and always carry ballast

9. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I did put a 2" lift kit on the front and had the truck realigned before I put this on,
    I have not got the wiring in yet, Im just commenting On how hard it is to even move the plow on pavment using just me and my brother , were both over 6' and 200 lbs
    and this plow is not light,, guess I got used to the cheap snowbear I had LOL
    when I was a kid my dad had a Meyers we were young and had lots of back muscles then LOL

oh I assembled it on my storage buildings apron and its sloped, Its gonna be a PITA to get on the truck and move to level ground

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Lifting doesn't increase load capacity,

11. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I dont want to increase load capacity, whatever is on the door of the truck is the legal limit.

so when the plow is on it will ride higher than without the lift. hell its only a Hiniker 700
    :)

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I bow to the expert:rolleyes: