1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ordered my first plow today!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Polardoo, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Polardoo

Polardoo Junior Member

Was bouncing between a Snowdogg and a Snoway for the past two weeks. There was about a $800 difference between the HD Snowdogg and the Snoway but the snoway offered so much more that I bit for the snoway. I went to the shop to order a 29series but found out it was discontinued and he was not sure if the new 29 would work on my 1500. I opted for the 26 instead with Poly blade, Down Pressure, wireless control, deflector and timbrens installed for 5600 after tax. Now bring on the snow! I am hoping to sub out some this winter and get my feet wet. Going to baby my 1500 through this year and hope to swing a 2500 next fall to add to the garage. Any thoughts on the price I paid? The dealer is great he actually gave me his personal cell phone and said he is avaliable for any problem at any time throughout the winter since I purchased from him. Any tips on getting with a contractor?

Jay

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

nice throw a pic up when u get it installed..... you can start on here.. go to the employemnt or networking forum and throw it out there that your looking for work.... might help

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Try his cell no. see if it works....

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Put your phone number on your truck and start talking to people with blades on thier trucks for more leads.

5. Polardoo

Polardoo Junior Member

I will get pics up when it comes in and is installed. Sometime the first or second week of November he said. He will give a call as soon as he has it assembled and ready for the truck. My price break down came to.
    4600 (and some change) for plow assembly w/down pressure
    300 install
    100 wireless
    100 Poly upgrade
    125 Deflector (hard to believe it is cost more then wireless)
    400 tax
    aprox. 5600 total

I couldn't turn down the wireless I love the thought of no wires running through the firewall. I wanted stainless but its not offered anymore on the 26 seris so I went with the poly as I hate rust. I am going to try and get a couple magnetic signs for my truck made and I am talking to some former plowers to get ideas from them.

Jay

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

7. Polardoo

Polardoo Junior Member

Thanks for the link. Going to start working up a design and get it ordered!

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Congratulations on your purchase:salute:

9. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a good match! Put ample weight in that chevy and she will plow very well.

10. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to the Sno-Way family, we appreciate your business. :waving:

11. Polardoo

Polardoo Junior Member

Called the dealer today and he has my plow at the shop along with four others. He is going to assemble them Monday and call to schedule my appt. for my truck install! Woo hoo its like Christmas in November!

Jay

12. 2008 Taco

2008 Taco Junior Member

Where is the place at that u got ur snoway at? I'm in the Cleveland area as well and am looking for a good shop that has them.

13. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Regarding getting sub work, besides the great tips already given, you may want to look in the yellow pages and identify the larger landscaping companies that advertise for commercial accounts such as office buildings, condo complexes, etc. Those types of large landscaping companies typically bid on snow contracts for all of their commercial landscaping accounts. Usually, they need new subs every year as subs come and go. It would be best to not telephone them but show-up in person with a shiny truck and dressed properly. You may get hired on the spot.

14. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Great purchase! Love my 26. Good lead on Vista Print, used them twice so far with great results and can't beat their prices. Price seems a bit high but you got all the "goodies". After a bit of negotiating, I got my steel 26 w/DP for $4345 installed after tax, last October. Best of luck with it & post up some pics when you get it!!

15. Polardoo

Polardoo Junior Member

Hey Taco,
    He is on Mayfield Rd/322 east of lil Italy. He is on the right side if your heading east. He has a small service shop you can find him on snoways dealers list he was the closest one to me. I have found his price is a bit higher then some but I wanted to keep the dealer close so I could get service fast if I needed it some night at 2 in the morning.

Jay

16. Polardoo

Polardoo Junior Member

Gotta open interview with a landscape company this afternoon for subbing this winter. Hopefully it goes well! Jay

17. 2008 Taco

2008 Taco Junior Member

I talked to a place out in Medina and he gave me a price of

$4075 for the 22 setup w/dp w/poly and w/wireless controller
    $375 for install
    $290 tax

so I guess $4739 isn't bad

I've been doing a LOT of lookin and researching of what to put on my tacoma and I think I've finally decided on the Sno Way

18. Polardoo

Polardoo Junior Member

Hey Guys,
    Unfortunately some things came up and I have to sell my plow. I have never even gotten to use it. :( If anyone is interested Please let me know!! Thanks!