1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ordered 220 ton , received 110 ?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Citytow, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

we put our order in 1 month ago for 220. Last truck came in today says that's all we're getting until further notice.meanwhile down the block at the Municipal Building they're getting un limited sources to their likings. Was told not to send any more trucks to the port until further notice.they said everyone is hoarding.and only municipalities can replenish their sheds they have first dibs.....

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  2. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

hoarding, salt, bulk salt, tenn., salt trucks,

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I'm still waiting for my first load They said I should get it before Nov 1
    Same guy been hauling to my State Shed I called to see if one those truck stop dump my load He told me State pays double so they haul that first

4. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

you mean the state pays a third of us.they get first dibs municipalities they got first dibs no doubt about it they will continue to get first dibs.

5. anz27

anz27 Member

How will people get to your clear lots without clear roads? Not trolling or drumming a fire, just a honest, valid point imo. Roads hold a higher significance than individual business, driveways etc...

6. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Not to my insurance and contracts they don't

7. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

State pays more on the trucking cost not on the salt.

8. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

its making for an interesting winter. i could not guarantee 2 accounts this year that i would be able to apply salt bc they require 18-24 ton an app. therefore losing them . now i sit back , lick my wounds and watch the one who does try to guarantee them during the projected shortage .

were now typing up "sand clause" amendments . rolling with the punches . thats business . just happy there no beer or food shortage.

9. EPM

EPM Member

Beer shortage? Don't even joke about that! :drinkup:

10. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

replacing one of the saltdogg front auger bearings soon .must have ran over 200 ton thru that sucker last year. the auger isnt seated and she does a dance when its loaded . i better do it soon before the carnage sets in :laughing:

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

That's a revolution waiting to happen.

12. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of account requires 18-24 ton an app? Hell most malls in Philly are way less then that.

13. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

must be bs if you dont know , huh? just bc you crack 10 50's in 1 week , dont mean we all do . so , yeah , THEY MUST BE A MALL or a SC.
    do you need the address too?

14. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

No, just most guys say they need 18-24 to salt a bank lot, not saying you are one. That being said the only thing on Philly big enough to take a triaxle of salt would probably be the airport.

15. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

salt on an airport tarmac ? sounds like disaster . :laughing::laughing::laughing:
    that my friend ........is a classic

16. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

I bet where the Eagles play they use more than that........:nod:

So....What are you gonna do there Citytow???.....Glad to see other parts of the country getting jacked around........:gunsfiring:

17. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

best one yet is "salt on the tarmac" . still laughing . :dizzy:
    did you eat your wheaties this morning ?
    eagles are on a bye this week. bummer.

18. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Cant believe they are 5-1........Better yet....Cant believe the Lions are 4-2

19. Plow Solutions

Plow Solutions Junior Member

Hey easy on the lions, after today they will be 5 & 2 ...Thumbs Up

20. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI