1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Orange Light

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hawks13, Nov 1, 2006.

1. hawks13

hawks13 Junior Member
    from Chicago

What would you recommend for a magnetic strobe or beacon light for the top of the trucks and where would you recommend buying it from?

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  2. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

led

sho-me mini l e d lightbar, you can get them from allcom technologieshttp://www.allcommtechnologies.com/

cheap

3. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

depends how much you use it...I have a STAR double-rotator mini-bar i got on Ebay for $100...does everything i want it to do

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have a Whelen something or other for sale,lol- its only a year old. It is a dual strobe with 2 mirrors and it is super bright. It has cig. lighter adapter and programable flash patterns. I paid $259.99 plus tax for it and I'm looking to unload it for $175.00. PM me if interested.

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Whelen Edge Ultra Freedom mini-lightbar....about $750.00:rolleyes:

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I love my Whelen Mini Guardian. It is very bright for a halogen and gets the point across. It rotates really fast. I paid $140 for mine early last year, but I think they are down to around $110 or so know. AWdirect.com has a good amount of lights at a fair price. It is atleast a good place to do some research. Seeing that this is the picture forum, how about a pic?

1.JPG

7. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

8. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

i'll put a pick up too...

lit2.jpg

9. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I run Highlighter Bars on mine. Work pretty good for the money.

Picture 003.jpg

10. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Have the same one. High flash rate and bright as hell. Good price and customer service Whelen.

11. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Several issues when considering a light, strobes can give you a headache after plowing for several hours, they reflect off the snow ( only if it's falling ) and will drive your eyes crazy. Yes they do draw less power then a rotator light, but you'll soon develop a major headache.

Rotators will not give you a headache but use more power and have a single or twin motors rotating, these will eventually burn out

The latest technology is LED's, typically very bright, draw smaller amounts of power and have a enormous life expediency. However, stay clear away from SHO-ME brand LED bars, they are not bright at all in daylight, they cost about 1/2 of a good bar ( this is why ) and they use 2nd generation LED's.

Someone suggested a Whelen LED bar, yes currently they are one of the best, 4th generation LED's very bright in daylight and extremely bright in night, setback is cost. Your truly getting what you pay for with these, I have one and it's quite amazing how the amber and white LED's are in any snow condition.

Sorry for the long reply, this is all from my personal experience with light bars, some people may have other thoughts,

12. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I just picked up the code 3 quantum flash led beacon. The lens is clear when its off but it is very bright when on :)

Only draws .5 of an amp and i think it has 6 flash patterns

I got mine from Flora wrecker sales for 150 plus shipping. It was at my door in two days.

led.jpg

13. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

GUARDIAN SERIES MINI BARS
    Sleek styling, superior light output!
    DUAL HALOGEN ROTATOR G2M $119.99
    DUAL STROBE G5M* $179.99
    http://www.campsafetyinc.com/id23.html
    Best lite for the price I will give up the amp draw for rotors and with rotors i can track travel of other rigs even around corners on the same prop and brite as heck.....

14. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

15. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I just bought the Code 3 420 from Galls (because of their extra warranty)

[​IMG]