1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Options

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johnnyrusso, Nov 14, 2004.

1. johnnyrusso

johnnyrusso Junior Member
    from Boston

I just bought a brand new ford f250 with a fisher v-plow on it. I was wondering what my options were to just get a simple 8 foot fisher or x-blade.

Should i call fisher?

Should i see if possible anyone would want to trade?

I used it saturday for the storm and it was alil to compllicated for me.

thanks

2. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

Keep the V, you will get used to running it. The V is way more productive than any straight blade, except maybe a Blizzard.

Give it some time, I'm sure you will learn to love it.

Just my $.02,
    Mark K

3. johnnyrusso

from Boston

i dont know man the shifter is waaay to complicated plus i hear the x blade is better and cheaper.

4. Heck, if you lived closer to me, I'd buy you a new x-blade and take your v. Its really the only way to go. After an hour of operating it, you'll get used to it :drinkup:

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The X blade is not going to be cheaper if you have to trade that one in. Leave it in the straight mode until you want to try using the other modes. It will work as if it is a straight blade. You have one of the best blades(IMO) out there. Give it time, you will learn to love it.

6. johnnyrusso

from Boston

i hate it to be honest and it doesnt have a back drag. Ive only used it once and i called dejana and they said they wanna charge me 700. Thats crazy right?? How can i get rid of this thing

7. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Why would you go out an buy something you never tried or looked into the pros/cons are???? Most people are going to tell you to keep the v blade, because it can be used as a straight blade just as well (which I recommend also). I have used both straight and V blades... V's are very useful for clean up work, and piling snow... I think you should just give it time... it is going to cost way more money than it is worth to change over to a straight blade since you have to also change the control, and the Isolation module as well as the blade....

It sound like you are doing residential work since you are complaining it does not have a back drag. V blades are not much use on residential work really since they are not doing what they do best (clean up and moving piles IMO).

8. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

I won't be one to tell you to keep the V-Blade.. I started with a Fisher V-Blade and then went to a straight blade with welded on wings.. I'll never go back.. I'd rather put my money into a back blade..