1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

options for leveling front end

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sven1277, Mar 1, 2011.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Other than adjusting the t-bars, how else do I keep my front end from sagging under plow weight?

2. Ozark Hillbilly

Ozark Hillbilly Member
    from Misery

Different springs.

3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Have you tried Timbrens?

4. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

5. cycles13

cycles13 Junior Member

I put Truxx on my 2500HD

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

please use the search button.

this has been cover and tons of links around 100x :dizzy:

and all the pro's and con's of each setup and why to and not to for all set usps.

7. eastern

eastern Junior Member

I run a 9.5 fisher v plow on my 06 daully with 9' utility. Ended up going with 2.5" ready lift and it works great. Timberens are just big bump stops and will give you a hard ride.

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

my firestone level right shocks are in the mail now. i should have them in by the middle of next week

9. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Great idea.

10. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

How do you plan on filling them? Or do you plan on putting them at a set pressure and leave it?

11. herbert02

herbert02 Member

Leveling kit with extended shocks. I have 2004 chevy 2500hd and put forged torsions keys on it and rancho extended shocks. The truck sits almost level with the plow up. Had timbrens on before but didnt do what I was looking for but my plow was heavy.

12. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

i put the firestone bilstein air ride with cognito upper control arms, tie rod sleeves, and steering idler box. i ran the air line under the hood and i can just will with an outside air compressor and set the pressure. this summer i am going to put an on board air compressor in so i can control the pressure from inside the cab.

13. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

im just gonna run the lines to somewhere convienient so i can hook up the compressor or use the one at the gas station to fill them. i have airbags in the back of my truck and thats how i fill them

14. dmcenery

dmcenery Member

Stihl guy,

Please be sure post some before and after pics of how your truck holds the plow with the new air shock install.

Thanks!

15. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Do you have pic's of the front end after the work was complete?

16. 09Daxman

09Daxman Senior Member

Level lift for the front with 500 or so ballast weight in your bed up against your tail gate.

17. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

sorry for not checking back in right away greenmtboy but i will get some pics up in the next few days

18. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

sorry it took so long but here are some pictures. the first one is the "new" front suspension, the second is the truck over all

photo(6).jpg

photo(7).jpg