1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Optimus QA system ready to go.

Discussion in 'Avalanche Box Plows' started by DellDoug, Nov 17, 2012.

1. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Here are a few pics of our Optimus with our custom built (by us) quick attatch system. This plate we designed fits in the bucket mount reciever of the plow and will provide us a floating hitch style system. We are going to work one of these things hard and report back. We chose a sight that has allot of grade changes and hills. As the winter goes on we may even post video of this weapon in action (provided we have time).

IMG-20121115-00045.jpg

IMG-20121115-00046.jpg

IMG-20121115-00047.jpg

2. D Industries

D Industries Junior Member
    from Ohio

Looks like you did a great job man.

3. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Looks nice. Wonder if you could add a piece of steel to the shoes on the side so you dont have to buy the original when they wear down. Just keep welding a flat steel on there as the center wears down.

4. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

You can always resurfuce a plow shoe but why not buy new ones? Then again we are very close to the factory and buy direct. Maybe through a dealer they are pricey? Not sure. honestly. Let me know.

5. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Yea through a dealer they are pricey! But I see where your coming from now. You only using one of those this year? What size/sizes?

6. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

We have only the one Optimus this season. Maybe more in the future but we have so many other blades and pushers that we need to sell a few before we make more changes. This is a 12 ft loaderHD model.

Usually with floating pushers the wear is a little less then fixed pushers due the less use of usually uneeded down force exerted on the pusher itself. Just a personal observation I have made over the years.