1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Optima Yellow top battery opinions

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by swtiih, Mar 13, 2015.

1. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I'm looking to replace my standard battery with a optima yellow top.

Are they worth the extra cost?

How many years do these batteries typically last on a plow truck ? (3/4 ton Superduty)

Any other information , comments would be appreciated

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I had one in my dodge for 10years and i might add 2 to my chevy next year

3. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

I run two batteries in my truck...of course they are diesels. But I get about 4-6 years from my batteries often more.

Never really have problems unless the temps drop to -10 to -20 or so. Keeping the posts clean and tight help a lot.

4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I forgot to mention I can get the battery local and brand new on special for around $180

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you can get it from summit racing with free shipping

6. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

I used to swear by them. They sold out and aren't the same.
    I now buy combo deep cycle and crank batteries. Favorite place is Costco.
    Yes, costco. great return policy. good batteries. They were not marked until recently... now they are marked Interstate.
    There are a few things you don't want to cheap out on. Brakes, tires, and batteries.
    Remember, all the battery does it start the truck. Everything runs off the alternator.