1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Optima vs. Orbital

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wfd44, Dec 24, 2004.

1. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Does anyone here have any experience with the Exide/Napa Orbital (or other spiralcell) batteries?

They have similar construction and specs to the yellow top Optima. Are they as good (or nearly so) as an Optima? I need to replace the battery in my truck in the near future. It just doesn't have enough to run all the toys and the plow anymore. I don't want to deal with dual batteries in an 8 year old truck. Should I just cough up the xtra $$$ and buy the Optima or will one of the others be adequate? :confused:

2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Can't help you with the Orbital vs. Optima's.

But can say that there is nothing wrong with any plow truck having a dual battery setup.

It's only $20-$30 for a GM battery tray, and then find or make your own cables.

Best investment for a plow truck. IMO

3. ExplorerPlow

ExplorerPlow Junior Member

Well Being that I work for NAPA as my full time job, it is very comperable to the Optima Yellow tops, and not to mention it has a great warranty. I would tell you this that it is built by a very great company, Exide. Let me know if you need any more info.

Chris

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i run optima yellow top love it best battery i have owned