1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

optima batteries

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snoluvr, Jan 16, 2005.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Anyone running an optima in a Superduty? I went to there website and according to Optimas application guide, they do not have a battery for a Ford Superduty?? Any ideas? Also if you are using one, what color battery did you go with? thanks
  2. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

i am usure why they wouldn't list one for a SD, unless it wont fit in the tray properly because the batt is too small?

If you are set on a sealed battery like an optima their redtop is best for regualr duty. yellow is deep cycle, blue is the marine version. Exide orbital is just as good, slighlty cheaper and a better warranty.
  3. rustedout

rustedout Junior Member

I believe all the Ford trucks use a group size 65 battery. Since Optima doesn't make batteries in this size they simply say they don't have one, I'm guessing.

A group 34/78 Optima should be similar in size, but the measurement to check is the height, as the grp 65 is pretty short. Also check the hold down type, to make sure its compatible.

4. White Oak

White Oak Member

you need to go strictly by measurement. Measure the space and see if it will fit. I run Optimas in every thin I own since 2002. No problems yet although probably still to early yo tell. In my Sorry oldtimer 1991 the blue tops are the best they make. Its nice having those extra posts for accessories and jump starts so as not to ruin the cables.