1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 4x4Farmer, Sep 22, 2006.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Tell me about your mishaps while plowing snow. We plow in a steel outfit that brings steel in on rail cars, so theres tracks that run through the middle of the yard, we are able to plow over them, but there was one that had happened to heaved, and he caught it with the skid steer and wrecked the bucket and hit his face on the windshield and broke his nose. So we bent the bucket back with the wheel loader and are still using it today. So then last season came around and the same guy was in the same place lowing, hit something else and broke his nose again. Needless to say he no longer works for us. That was his own choice though. We had two guys that where screwing around last year while moving to a different job. The guy in the wheel loader was tapping the bucket of the guy in the backhoe when the light turned and the backhoe took off and the the wheel loader bucket popped the tire off the rim and it wrecked the wheel and the rim, so that sat on the median of the road till about 5am. I was cleaning up one day in the middle of the day at a highs cool with on of the pickups, and I was done and was gonna leave, and some chick come scooting out of one of the end rows of cars, and I t-boned her with my plow in the v position. It did a number on her car, she was kinda hot though! lol oh by the way you have to remember I was only 19 at the time, so this highschool gal wasn't but a year younger then me.( just wanted to clarify that) so thats just a few things that I can think of.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Did you ask her out after you yelled at her for not looking!
  3. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

no, I dident, but it was kinda funny, casue she gets out of her car with all of her insurance info and everything a cop would need, and Im like, ah, I'll try and get what I need. Shes like, havent you ever been in an accident, im like, ah no. she says, oh I'v been in lots of accidents!, thats when I relized I was dealing with a blonde, lol.
  4. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

That Is Funny !
  5. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I tagged a pine tree in the driveway where I live, smashed the step bumper and lower corner of the fender, tree was fine. I threw the old bumper away and made a better one. Last weekend I was out playing in the woods and tagged a tree in the same spot on the truck and this time no damage. No I'm not blond or a horrid driver, second tree was too close of quarters for a geo to turn around in little lone an old full size truck. See the thread on back up lights for a pic of the bumper.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I was plowing a condo complex that God / D railroad ties as curbs at 3AM.
    I was plowing a circle up hill and caught one just perfect. It split the top 2 inches off it like a log splitter would have done. I stopped and stuck it back in place and never heard a word about it.

Plowing another condo complex under construction:
    I am pushing up this drive on new pavement.
    The plow trips and I have just enough time to say" What the F "
    And the plow untrips and launchs a frozen down piece of 2X4 at the BRAND NEW garage door. It left a 1 inch indentation in the panel in the shape of the 2x4.
    Contractor not happy, but not my fault!

Another condo complex:
    Old lady, 82 years old comes up to truck, points out stairway to her lower / rear level.
    Warns me don't block it with piles or plow snow into it.
    If I do, she says she " she will track me down in the complex and KILL ME "
    Ummm Mean Grandma!
  7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Plowing a new account after couple of storms. Didn't realize how close I was until I felt the front end drop and couldn't back up. Fully raised, the plow was still buried in the snow. I'd just driven over the edge of a 50' dropoff, thinking I was still on solid ground. Called a tow truck. Guy came out with a rollback - not "the right tool for the job". With the outriggers in place, transmission in P and the E brake set and on level ground, it still pulled his truck backwards. We finally got it out by shoveling behind the moldboard and under the A frame, him pulling backyards and me in my truck giving it full power in Reverse.

Not a good way to end the morning - at least it wasn't the beginning.