1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opps!! Equipment Damage

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by to_buy, Jan 26, 2011.

1. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Lets show some of the damage from pushing this fluffy little snow flakes.
    Heres a bent board on A 2011 Ford. Driver states he was doing 5 MPH pick up a construction plate and ran it into a curb. Board is bent, quad, A-Frame and mount also truck frame.

crash 1.jpg

crash 2.jpg
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Fixed for ya. :D
  3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a tough time believing that was done at only 5 mph... I am calling BS on the story he is telling you
  4. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

I call bs cause I see everything but the truck frame being bent at 5mph for the truck frame to be bent i would say more like 25 or 35mph.
  5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

see how sore his neck is tomorrow.....
  6. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Can we say

OK call him in and say YOUR FIRED now get the F**** out of here:mad:
  7. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Holy sh!t, on a new truck too?!
  8. Daveyo

Daveyo Member
    from 6

What a Ford 150? Even so he's full of it, tell him when you filed the accident report to the insurance company they investigated and have it on camera.
  9. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

That is like a "Perfect Storm" type of curb hitting. I would guess he was going way faster than 5MPH though. I think we have all hit curbs at that speed. 25MPH though would be a closer bet.
  10. 89Comanche

89Comanche Member

I have a buddy who just did the same thing to his truck, he also claims to be going about 5mph. He bent the A-frame, headgear, mounting shoes, creased his frame, and "misaligned" the passengers side front shock.
  11. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

Were you able to get the blood of the steering wheel where the guy cracked his nose on it?

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Ahhh blood is easy, it's the teeth marks that are a bitc h to get out
  13. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

My mom came over for dinner a few weeks ago and side swiped my truck with her mirror on the way out of the driveway. If she didn't want to come over she should have said so. Just under $700 to repair and it only left a scuff mark on the mirror of her Camry.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

WOW! 5 mph? I don't know about that. If the whole thing is junk and the truck. I'm with Mark maybe 105.
  15. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

it looks like a v plow now he should get a raise
  16. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

ok get rid of this man....this guy is stupid if he hits a curb at 5mph and doest realize after driving completely over the curb. as soon as i feel a bump i stop.....he must of hit a curb and then was like HMMMMM???? the truck aint goin nowhere maybe if i just step on the gas more to 8,000 rpm it will go....if you dont fire him he will continue to think it is ok to make 5mph mistakes on 30+ thousand dollar trucks.
  17. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

like said 5mph my a$$. :laughing:

i am no pro plow guy like some here but i have seen my fair share of damage. i seen a old school fisher a little more bent. he was doin 45mph down the road got in a wreck truck went off road and headon in a tree. was NOT plowing at the time just road travle.

thats B.S. on 5mph. but then again fisher/western stuff has been havin a bad trac record with crap welds and stuff not made strong like the old days. :rolleyes:

and if the plow frame on the truck is bend better go get the frame checked and def alignment check i will beet payup its tweeked or alignment way out.
  18. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I have bent (broke) a moldboard and there are pictures here to prove it.
    The curbs I hit to start the breaks were @ about 25-30 mph. I can see maybe the construction plate making a dent or something to the plow but the damage to the truck shows it was more then a 5 mph hit.
  19. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Whats the curb look like?
  20. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

teeth marks aren't the problem it's getting the actual teeth out that is the problem