1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opportunity to bid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tthomass, Jul 20, 2008.

1. tthomass

tthomass Junior Member

Quick touch on what I've got currently for snow removal:

'02 Chevy 2500 w/ Boss plow
    Bobcat T190

I've got a '04 Chevy 4500 that I can also add to the mix with a plow and spreader.

Okay, so I've toys and plenty of available labor to do the job. Plowing as a sub for $90 per hour is a joke and sucks. We don't get the snows in my area (northern VA, Dulles Airport)that many of you see......including Maryland.

I know now is the time that a lot of contracts are going out but how do you even locate the properties for an opportunity to bid? Money is in the spreader that I could put on the back of my truck but you need to have the contract to make money, not work as a sub.

No I'm not trying to plow a mall parking lot or a runway at Dulles but I can more than handle small commercial lots and shopping centers.....even if a little big, I can sub someone. Hey, there's an idea!
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Simple. Just walk into one of the stores and ask who is in charge of the property and ask for their number. Call owner or property manager and ask for a bid packet .Read it over and either submit or pass on it. Some places have multi year contracts so they may not be taking bids but get your name on the mailing list for future bid packets.
  3. tthomass

tthomass Junior Member

Thats what I was thinking of doing this week. I didn't know if some were pulling from some of these booking sites that you pay to subscribe and have bid opportunities alerted to you or what.