1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oppinions on 760LT

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Nov 23, 2004.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

hey guys, I got a quote today for $2600 installed + Tax for a 760 LT Blizzard for a 94 f150.

I am most likley going to be buying this, as soon as i get the truck fixed (its loosing oil, but no smoke coming out and no drops on the ground). anyway Im just wondering what your oppinions are on it, becides being to small....

Please let me know, I will be buying it as soon as my truck gets fixed, hopefully this weekend.

What are the advantages and disadvantages? does it have a full trip? Thanks.

Also post pics of em on your trucks. Id like to see how they look on different style trucks and how much they make the truck sag. Thanks again.

2. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Here is my new Blizzard 760lt on my 03 F150 xlt. The truck handles great with the plow on and there was not much sag when raised. I did today install some timbrens just to be safe. The plow is a full trip plow and weighs only 550 lbs.

Unfortunaltly, I have not been able to plow with it yet due to no plowable snow event here. Hopefully things will be changing soon. I purchased mine for 3300 installed so your price seems really good. Ill get some more pics whenever that first snow hits. payup

I have some more pics under the thread my plow. Do a search and youll find it.

John

100_0415 (Medium).JPG

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  3. mreinke

mreinke Junior Member

My 760lt

I have plowed with mine for the last 2 years. Both yrs have been great with no problems with the plow. I have a '98 Dodge ext.cab 1/2ton and it works really well with this plow. The first year I plowed without timbrens and the front of the truck sag. some. I put a set of timbrens on last year and it made the truck ride and handle much better with the plow on. I would say that you need to put a set on. Well worth the $150 bucks.

4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes its Full Trip, why do you say a disadvantage would be that its too small? Its the exact right size for your truck. Try the blizzard website, they have a few pics, granted none of them show F-150s. You should get a ser of timbrens, your blizzard dealer may even have them in stock so he could install them for you. This will help tremendously with sag. You have an aux tranny cooler right?
    Good Luck, hope your truck gets fixed soon and you get the plow soon :drinkup:

5. PremierLand

from detroit

Oh no, I like the size, i was stating that for the smart allecks that come on here and say "ya the disadvantage is your truck isnt big enough and the plow is to small"... lol...

But yeah, i will probably end up with some timbrens, ill ask him about it when i get the plow... and yes I have a aux tranny cooler :) I got that put on when I got the trans rebuilt 500 miles ago.

Friday my dad and I are going to work on the truck (he used to be a mechanic) and see what the problem is.

Friday im also going to replace the plugs, wires, and what ever else my dad wants to replace :) Wish me luck!!! I really wanna get it going again so I can get the plow put on!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Good, i figured you would alredy have an aux cooler because of the towing. Its important for plowing.

7. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

earlier I stated that I hadnt had the oportunity to plow with mine.....Well that has changed, We are getting snow and Ive already been out with the plow and let me tell ya I am very happen. I did put timbrens on my F150 and there is very little sag. Very pleased thus far!

8. PremierLand

from detroit

how does it backdrag?

how does it trip? is it violent?

9. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Well now that you are going to plow you should think about keeping at least one sander. To answer your questions plows backdrag by driving over the snow dropping your blade and then driving in reverse. Be carefully though when you do this as your plow will not trip if you catch something. On tripping full board trips have a pivot point on the mount where when the plow is caught on the bottom it leans forward and either stretches of compresses springs. Once the plow is no longer caught against the obstacle the springs will pull or push it back. Sometimes yes it will be violent if it is a full trip and quick other times you might not notice because it was small and gradual. Hope this all helped you out. :waving: