1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opnion on the Fisher HT Snow Plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Gmc-sierra2009, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Gmc-sierra2009

Gmc-sierra2009 Junior Member
    from Erie,Pa

Hi,

I am new member of of Plowsite. I have been recently looking at putting a Fisher Ht 7"6 or a Meyer 7"6 Drive Pro plow on my 2009 GMC Sierra ext cab. Any one have any experience with the Fish HT or the Meyer Drive Pro. Any opinions would be very helpful.

Thank you

2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I bought one last month. No one (except the people who tested them) will have any information on how they will hold up. Looking at mine I would say its built pretty sturdy blade is a bit thin but I dont forsee a problem. I like MM2 system, I have plowed with mostly Fishers (chain lift) so Im interested to see what all the buzz of direct lift is all about. I need to bring it up to the dealer for the pressure reset on the lift cylinder and get the new longer pin for the jack stand. I would go with the Fisher over the Meyer. Here are some pics of a drive pro on a Ranger.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=71787&highlight=ranger+drive

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I don't have any experience with either. But you can't go wrong with Fisher IMO. I personaly think that Fisher is alot better plow than Meyer IMO.

4. Gmc-sierra2009

from Erie,Pa

I appreciate the replies very much. I have one more question. Is $4,140 a good price on a Fisher HT installed?

Thank you

5. JMS

JMS Member

that price sounds about right for the states, I'm getting mine on tommorow at a cost of $5400.00can plus $250.00can for the back drag all installed.

6. zeek

zeek Member

I was going to go with the HT also, but not having chains scared me. If you have something go wrong with the plow how will you get it home. I went with the Fisher SD plow instead, this way if something happens to the hydraulics I can push the blade up a snow pile and tighten my chain to carry the blade home.

Stay away from the Meyer plows.....always have issues with them.

I see your from Erie, I bought my Fisher from Forrest Park...super nice guys, I will give them an A++ for all their work. They even gave me a truck so I could still go on with my normal work day.

7. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Can't speak for the Fishers but the Snoway's you can run it up a pile and put the lock on the lift cylinder.

8. mercer_me

The 7.5' HT weighs 414lb and the 7.5' SD weighs 487lb so it's realy no big deal on weight. Alot of people put 7.5' HD on 1/2 ton Chevy and GMCs and the 7.5' HD weighs 630lb. Like Zeek said you sould get a 7.5' SD becouse of the fact that it's a chain lift. I personaly think you should put a 7.5' HD on it but alot of people don't want that much weight on a 1/2 ton truck.

9. Gmc-sierra2009

from Erie,Pa

I would put a Fisher SD on my truck but, My locale dealer will only put a plow on what the Manufacture recommends, do to the manufacture will not warrant their plow if you don't use what they specify for your truck.

10. mercer_me

Have you checked with any other Fisher dealers? You mite beable to find a dealer that would put a 7.5' SD on your truck.

11. zeek

zeek Member

I just eMached it and Fisher recomendsthe HT, so thats what I would have to run, do not buy the meyer...you will hate yourself. Fisher is just trying not to void your vehical warrenty, not the plow one. I would run the HT, try to get him to take $4000.00 installed tax the works out the door, they will do it.

12. Gmc-sierra2009

from Erie,Pa

I appreciate the help very much. I think will go with Fisher HT. I will negotiate the price on the plow. The guys at Forrest Park Garage are very helpful and know their snow plows very well.

Thank you

13. Jaspell

Jaspell Member
    from 06117

I have been plowing with Fisher's exclusively for quite some time. You can't go wrong. The price sounds about right, inlcuding the instal. Get the sno foil option.

14. DonPNH

DonPNH Junior Member

Hi just bought one and plowed two storms . the plow chatters and hops when pushing a small amount of material .
    Dealer said it was because the trip esge was bent. there was no cutting edge installed new. Fisher wants the edge to grind down some B4 installing the cutting edge.

I just installed the cutting edge and hope it stops the chatter /vibrations. its so bad that it sounds like the plow is falling apart.

If this gets resolved it seems to push good ,and works almost as good as a snow way for back dragging.
    In NH they want $4900 installed

TTHN

15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The HT is the only Fisher I would buy right now. The direct lift is much better than the chain. It is possible to "short chain" the direct lift plow, you just need to keep a ratchet strap behind the seat. When you look at it you'll understand. The steeper cutting edge angle on the HT will scrape much better too.

I have been told the Western HTS is much easier to mount to the truck than the Fisher. Same plow otherwise. Boss and Sno-Way also make plows in that weight range.

16. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

$4100 is a great price without the cutting edge. Ive had dealers price them over $5000. I paid $4200 for mine with the poly edge installed.

17. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Just connect the plugs throw it in float and hook up thats how I do it, about a min or 2.

18. Gmc-sierra2009

from Erie,Pa

I just wanted to let you guys know, that I will be having the Fisher HT installed this Friday. I appreciate the help you guys have given.

Thank you

19. JMS

JMS Member

Gmc

you will not be dissapointed, after using mine a bunch of times, and I use mine for both commercial and residential, I am very happy with mine. I do recomend getting sides put of it, makes the plow way more efficient,oh and put a back blade on aswell.

20. nbannan

nbannan Member

Chatter like an earthquake

I agree the HT does chatter on certain surfaces (Rough tar) when there isn't enough snow.
    It is fine when there is a few inches or more. Stacks very well IMO.
    I do not see a need on an HT for a back drag blade. The thing scrapes like a champ.
    I will probably go poly on a blade once I get a bit shaved on the trip edge.
    Definitely better mounting with the new pressure set & jack pin. Still a poor design(IMO) but it works with the mods. I look longingly at the center mount jacks on the chain lift units!
    I find I need to lift the pin that mounts the plow to the truck during removal so the jack goes far enough down ( I give it an extra 1/2 inch or so). otherwise the truck is too high next time I go to put it on and it takes a lot of lifting the headgear. Maybe the springs are just too new in the pickup. it is too bad they didn't provide a screw jack handle or cam to raise/lower the mount an inch or so. It would really help my setup.