1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions.......

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by porkhead1, Feb 25, 2003.

1. porkhead1

porkhead1 Member

2. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Speedo replaced

25,000 miles more like 250,000 miles would be my guess.;)

The SERVICE doesn't get rid of equipment untill it's worn-out & been rebuilt at least twice.;) But then again IMHO :waving:

3. HerkFE

HerkFE Member

Not always true....

It's not always true about the services keeping trucks until they are a POS. We had several truck we used in both Chicago and NY that were assigned to our squadrons and they had very low mileage. Depends on your unit, etc. I will say however that despite the low mileage....most of the mile were probably pretty rough ones. Nothing performs like a rental!!!

But, they did get routine maintenance as many of our guys had not much to do but "train", meaning lots of brake jobs, etc.

Good luck!

:waving:

Pete

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Truck doesn't look too beat up.Most military stuff does get good regular PM,and they fix whatever needs fixing.They just don't build them like that anymore.Good strong truck.Only thing I would do is throw a NP 205 case in it.

5. porkhead1

porkhead1 Member

Ok........what's the difference between a 205 & a 208.....???:confused:

6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2003
  7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

That truck sure would handle the Western V,but i wonder how reliable it will be.Should be fine,as long as you are handy with repairs,and dont mind doing them.

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

NP205 is a cast iron case,all gear driven unit,pretty much bulletproof.

NP208 has an aluminum case,and is chain driven with much smaller internals.Still an OK unit,but nowhere near the strength of the 205.

9. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I'd bet that's a base support vehicle, not combat. The miles could very well be correct, many times these vehicles never leave the base. You can expect the engine to have an extreme amount of idle time though, they are rarely shut off during a day's work.

I wouldn't pay a lot of money for it, it may need an engine overhaul.

10. porkhead1

porkhead1 Member

The winning bid was $3300.........

11. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

I think you gus missed: "speedometer was replaced with 6 digit unit wich shows 25k miles"

Unit shows NOT title. So I bed there are a TON more miles on it.