1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowguy1550, Nov 29, 2009.

1. snowguy1550

snowguy1550 Junior Member

This is my set up that I have had for years. I had the pump first on a 1985 ford pick up and purchased this 94 f 250 in 2001. Truck Runs great just needs some paint work. Also I have pictures of my plow attached. I would like to upgrade this set up. I would appreciate if you guys think this set up is still good and if I can repaint and work on this plow and turn it into something that looks new. Or if you think i should just buy a new one because its worthless. I am not sure if a modern plow would work with that pump and connection. Your comments are appreciate. Thanks a lot guys I know you all know more than I do, so I said hey, why not ask the experts.

Photo 5.jpg

Photo 23.jpg

Photo 22.jpg

2. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

man, sand blast it, get any pins redone, then paint it, and repack the cylinder.... as good as new.. still looks straight enough to push snow to me

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I second that.

4. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

If it aint broke, why replace it!!

5. snowguy1550

thanks guys I really appreciate your input

6. snowguy1550

do you know where I can go to get it repainted and everything I was thinking maybe an auto body shop

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

looks like my old f350. good luck with it this comming winter.

8. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

If you have the ways & means to do it, I would suggest adding a shock absorber to the plow. Many on here may be too young to ever use a plow w/o a shock, but I can tell you it sucks IMO.

As for blasting & painting, do a search on this forum as it's been discussed many times.

Good Luck.

9. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

body shops would work. better if you find someone who does industrial blasting and coating. they would be better equiped to deal with the rust on your plow.

10. snowguy1550

thanks for your input

11. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

we rent a sandblaster from our local tool rental company and you can paint yourself:nod: we buy the meyers plow paint mix it with mineral spirits and spray them outta of HVLP spray gun :salute:good luck this winter:drinkup:

12. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Older stuff usually holds up better than the new. Keep it and put a little TLC in it and keep on making money.