1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions - What's this truck worth

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by norrod, Aug 8, 2006.

1. norrod

norrod Senior Member

I am looking to sell this truck. I want an honest value, fair to buyer and seller.

Anyone got any idea as to it's fair value?

93' F-350 4x4 7.3D
    Auto w/OD
    PS/PW/PL/Cruise Control

98K miles
    New Brakes (Pads and rotors ) Front.
    New Brakes last fall Rear
    New Master cylinder
    New U-joints in rear shaft.
    New water pump

Frontend is tight.

RUNS GOOD, but needs a set of Glow Plugs & Controller. I replaced the GP relay, but it looks like the controller is applying a constant voltage to the GPs, and has burned them out.

Aluminum Dump Body with electric over hydraulic.
    Tailgate has coal chute door.

Pintle hitch with 7-wire trailer connector

Tires are 70-80%

A good work truck !

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I was thinking like 6500-7000 if the pan was in good shape and that the plow goes with it.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'd say sell it for$10k with the plow or keep it in the shed for a spare. that's a $45,000 truck new. don't listen to kelly bb, they will not reflect the true market value for that truck. what would that bed cost new and installed??? 7k?????

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

He didn't list any plow with it, so I assumed no plow. It's 13 years old and has appparently been used as a plow truck. You can't go by replacement cost of the dump bed. Just like the truck, the bed and mechanism is used. No way would I pay $10,000 for it. Maybe $6000. But I'd say between $4000 and $5000 unless there was some special interest.

For comparison, I recently had my truck appraised. '96 Chevy Silverado 3500 6.5 TD flatbed to include the 9' Fisher plow and 8' Fisher sander. It appraised out $7000 for the complete setup. But like Jay suggested, I decided I'd just keep it around before I let it go for that.

6. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

i would say around 4-5
    Mike

7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i agree with what you said.......i wouldn't pay 10 either but someone might??? this is the one reason i have never sold my trucks over the years. i have a place to keep them inside. my first new truck for example....97 crew, psd, w/ 90k miles i only drive it 3000 miles a year now but why sell it for kbb value at $15k ??? whenever i paid $35k for it. the truck is not even broke in yet( does just as good of a job as a new one) so why sell it and loose $20k? is this bad business????? i feel like i'm loosing money to sell a truck that runs good.

8. norrod

norrod Senior Member

Thanks Guys !

I bought the truck 3 years ago to mostly tow my skidsteer, and light hauling. The plow that came with, was in rough shape (headgear) and quickly started giving me heartburn.
    I mainly use my pickup for my winter accounts anyway, so I never rebuilt the plow.

9. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Oh really? What do you plow with for those summer accounts?

By the way, I'd say to somebody that could really use a truck like that who is starting out, would go for 10-11, with the plow.

-Thann