1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions wanted:Sno-way or Meyer for backup truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dr_destructo, Nov 27, 2011.

1. dr_destructo

dr_destructo Member
    from Indiana

I have an extra truck I'm putting together and I have a Meyer EZ mount setup for it with the E60 and 7.5' plow. I have used Meyer in the past and had good luck. I also have a Sno-way 7.5'(not sure what series). Never owned Sno-way. Both are a few years old, but in good shape. I like the idea of the down pressure from Sno-way, we do a few drives, but mostly parking lots. Are parts similar in price for the two brands? Anything to look for on the Sno-way?
  2. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

I use a Meyer and love it. I looked into a sno-way this year and wasn't overly impressed with the hydraulic power of it when it was demonstrated to me. When I started doing more research about it I found the same issue of the plow going down slowly or up slowly. I am wanting to find someone around me this season that uses one to get a better look at it. So I would say stick with the trusty Meyer IMO.Thumbs Up
  3. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Snoway parts are expenive but their plows are reliable. I would set up the snoway. A have a 9' ht & an 8' 29. Both plows have worked well for me!
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What year truck? what model plows? I would tell you to go with the snoway but you need to be sure they still make a mount for your truck. The older three pin models mounts can be a issue. Same with the Meyer EZ classic. they are not supporting mounts for newer trucks.

A snoway in good condition is faster and more reliable than the Meyer.