1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

opinions wanted please

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by hdyoshi, Feb 21, 2008.

1. hdyoshi

hdyoshi Junior Member

I was thinkin about new plow for my 04 2500 hd. time to get rid of the meyers. local dealers are western, curtis, snoway. Been lookin at all of them and cant decide. dealer is pushin curtis but thinking western. I mostly do driveways and a couple lots. def want 8ft. all ive owned is meyer and cant get bad taste out of mouth from them. thanks for the opinions.

2. BlueDog Ram

BlueDog Ram Junior Member

What make is the truck? Diesel? That might help the guys help you..

3. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Asking that question on here is like asking what brand truck to buy or if you prefer blonds brunettes or red heads. western seems to be the most widely used in my area. Thats what I use and the guys I plow with use. Nice to know you can get parts at 3 a.m. or ask the guy your plowing with they may have the part you need.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Just read all of the other forums asking the same question "what plow should I buy" or "what plow is the best". There are several of the posts to read. Get a coffee and happy reading.

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Ahh another Perry guy!!!!!!!!! If you would like PM me and we could talk about some plows and what not around here. I went to Perry and plow out there, so I am a local guy, lol. There are much more than where you must be looking......lemme guess......Eshelman's? I wouldnt buy half a penny from those aholes, but that is another note. I know plenty of good guys around here that I could get you in touch with as far as a plow goes. Good luck and look forward to hearing from you

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

O boy............ Tom might have a friend

Hope he isnt the guy you M F all the time :D

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

LOL no I doubt he is. I dont MF anyone in Perry. Just around here

8. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

well apparently u must be like tom and think ur meyers is a bull dozer. i have never used anything eles so for me to change brands would be like dating a black girl. which buy the way will never happen

9. hdyoshi

hdyoshi Junior Member

I hope Im not the one he's mfing. But anyway ya it was eshelmans. They installed the meyers on this truck and did a crap job of it. I am just tired of this thing nickel and dimeing me to death. Its time for something else and just not sure what to get.

10. KGRlandscapeing

see my meyer came from zeresco and knock on would the only problem i have had is the little jack is junk and my dad broke a plow light pin off in that huge MDII connecter

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Well Im sure I can point you in the right direction. My dad's place is right off Narrows rd in Perry. Dont listen to Clapper, he likes to make me look like an ass, LOL. As far as Zoresco, they are good guys, but only deal in Meyer. They have Western too, but only do those plows for dealers only. We couldnt go in and buy one. Kinda sucks. Just shoot me an email, tom@sydenstrickerlawns.com or pm me here, and we could meet up and go plow shopping,lol

12. KGRlandscapeing

see tom i workd at tlc and one of there former employees is a big wig at zoresco. so i can always deal with him and ya my plow came from ford that was the easyist way to go it came all wired and i have had zero issues with the harness truck side so i am happy about that.

13. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Yeah the guys at Zoresco are very good and have cut me a few good deals on things for my plow. Randy is the top dog there and can answer any questions or solve problems right over the phone. I wish they dealt with more stuff than what they have though. I would buy alot from them if they did

14. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

If your buying lunch....I wanna come too!:drinkup: