1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions wanted on this 2001 F-250 7.3 Diesel For Sale - 58,888 Miles

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Buck331, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Buck331

Buck331 Member

Just found this 2001 Ford SuperCab F-250 7.3 Diesel 58,888 miles for sale and looking for opinions and thoughts...

http://www.repairablevehicles.com/show.aspx?vid=2586714

Opinions regarding L/F damage repair?

Been seeing these going for $18,500 - $20,000 in recent auctions. Would be a super "keeper" plow truck in my opinion.

Thanks Guy's!

2. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Unless you could do all the work yourself it wouldn't be worth it.

3. Buck331

Buck331 Member

I agree. Doing the work myself doesn't look like to bad of a (summer) project provided the frame isn't bent and the front axle didn't sustain damage.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Hmmm, seems pretty high priced for that amount of damage. I doubt the frame or axle are damaged, but radiators, etc are going to add up.

FWIW, I just did a total restore--more or less--on a '00 for less than that. It was rotted in all the normal spots. It also has 176K on it, still cheaper than a new truck and adding plow mounts. Engine, tranny, frame, etc are all good. And I've had it since new.

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

that thing is only worth around 5 grand. you are going to have to put at least another 5 grand into it to make it road worthy, and then you will have a 13 year old truck with a salvage title that you sunk $10 grand into and will be lucky to get 5 grand for if you decide to sell it because of the salvage title.

6. Buck331

Buck331 Member

Well that's a very good point! That salvage title status issue is troublesome in the event I did ever decide to sell it. Thanks much!

7. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I'm pretty amazed the air bag(s) didn't get triggered.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I was guessing a minimum of $5K in getting it road worthy as well.