1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

opinions wanted on airflow tailgate sander

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Tedd, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Tedd

Tedd Member
    from CT

Hello, great site you all have. I am going to look at a used stainless airflow taigate sander and I searched archives for info but could not find much on the airflow. I will only be using it for a couple of accounts and price seems reasnable at 900. I would like any advise, also the man said sander is in great shape. Can I get a swing away mount, or how difficult are they to take off? Thank you in advance and happy plowing!
  2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

The Ait-flo Mss Tailgate Salter.

Great machine, We started with one, then need a v-box, then picked up a second air-flo mss. Strong build, excellent throwing range, only thing you have to watch for is cleaning out inside the convery belt, and the drops, General presure washer shot inside as it spins works. if you don't and material builds up over the season, and it does take a while before it will build up cause there is not much that gets spilled. But if it does build up it can throw the belt off on the adjustment.

But on that note, adjustment for the belt as it expands over time, is easy.

I've never seen them as swing aways.
    Little on the heavy side to pick up, three guys sure, or an engine host, I've done it with a floor jack before we out a block and tackle in the garage. Generally it's 4 bolt set up, two on the bumper, to on the arms holding the top end back that attach to the top of truck's box sides.
    Oh, i've heard you can get them with a tailer hitch hook up. but we don't have anything like that so not sure.

How old is it? cause new the first one we bought was $3000 cdn, second one a little more, and that one was hard to find.

Anything else just pm me,
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2006