1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions, tips, suggestions for this lot....

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by JeffNY, Nov 7, 2006.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I can probably have this job if I want it, I used to work for the place, private party house. It would only need to be cleared on days they have parties.
    I cant see how lot A could be cleared without losing parking spots, not much room to push it south because it would go over onto the sidewalk, cant push it west, thats up against the building, so im not sure.
    All the snow from lot B would have to be pushed west, can my truck push the snow from the enterence all the way to the back?
    Also, would my truck even be enough to do these lots?
    Im new, im not sure what its capable of.

Not sure on the price yet, i'll just tell him whatever the last guy charged.

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Jeff
    I push lots this size all the time, your truck can handle it. The problem as I see it for lot A is where to stack the snow. I wouldn't even push towards that sidewalk, I would go stack it on the other side of the lot. Ask the owner where the other plow guys stacked the snow. If the other guys had to use the lot to stack snow it no big deal. I would not even try to push the snow from lot A to lot B. Lot B looks like you will have to push everything to the back. This type of lot will take longer to push because of lack of storgare place's for the snow. You will have to bid it a little higher because of all of the pushing it will take. Be very carefull about telling the owner that you will do it for the same price as last years guy. He may have bid the lot way to low and now you are stuck doing it at price. You need to know what you will charge per hour and then figure out how long this lot will take to push. Just guessing that you have to push snow that far I would say its going to take the better part of 1 to1.5 hrs to push that lot. Of course that all depends on how much snow has fallen, a 6-8 inch storm will take longer than a 2 inch storm.

Good Luck Mike

3. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

thanks!
    I might go talk to him, having it plowed before I go to work at 6am shouldnt be a problem, most parties are at night.

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Jeff
    Yes you need to talk to the owner that way you can better bid the lot once you know where he wants you to stack the snow.

Good Luck Mike

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Just an update, I spoke to the owner, he said this parking lot kills trucks, lot B it has to be pushed all the way to the back.
    Front lot just gets pused to the sides and corner.
    No salt.

around $175/push

He doesnt have a set person, said just call when it snows.