1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions requested. 1976 Power Wagon

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Bad Luck, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Guys - Looked at a 76 Power Wagon tonight. 318, auto, NP203 full time. It was an old military truck , one plate on the dash says m883, another says m885, so I don't know which it was but it is a 1 1/4 ton truck.
    Fisher 7.5 Speedcaster in decent shape.
    Frame has NO rust.
    Trans and transfer case replaced last year but are leaking from the seals in bewteen each other.
    Oil pan is leaking.
    Rebuilt 2 barrel carb.
    New brake and lines all around.
    Floors could use some work.
    Good rubber
    It was painted gray and had very little cancer on the rest of the body.

Starts right up and ran good although it was wandering a bit going down the road and had a clunk on the left side when I made turns.

The is simply asking for best offer. I was thinking $1000-$1300 tops.

Yea or nea?
  2. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Yeah its worth that... they make great plowtrucks. Very simple and straightfoward trucks, uncle sam doesn't like normal creature comforts. Ya do get wipers and heat though be lucky! they didn't come with power steering, does that one have manual still or has it been converted to power? the manual sucks for anything especially plowing tight areas (in open its ok, turns easier on slippery surfaces and when moving). I had one I just retired but replaced it with a nicer 79 x-cab 4x4 and upgraded plow to a Snoway Lexan with down pressure (had a Meyer 7.5 on the M880). Uncle Sam does like to protect his investments sometimes though, they are big on rust proof coating so yeah these things usually don't have much rust and its rare to see one with over 30k miles too (unless its been out of the service a long time and someone has used it alot). If you don't buy it, let me know some info on it I will find someone who would want it.

ps theres pics of mine floating around here somewhere.
  3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

It's got 87k on it.
  4. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Ya those old dodges are awesome trucks, buncha kids I know have em as beat on/ mud trucks and they take the abuse and are ready for more and there very simple and easy to work on. Tons of extra room in the engine bay.
  5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Truck sold for 1,500.00. I missed it.
  6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

DANG:gunsfiring: :yow!: