1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions please

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by peeklandscaping, Aug 28, 2013.

1. peeklandscaping

peeklandscaping Junior Member

My first winter plowing. just drew up this agreement for my clients to sign. the services they want I can put a check mark on the dot. Then the signatures can go at the bottom. Advice, comments, opinions? Anything need changing? I'll just be doing residential jobs this year

View attachment Snow plowing agreement 2013.pdf

thanks for all advice
  2. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Too many options. If you have 25 customers and they all want something different, you will never keep it straight. And never give them the option to call you out. They may want that last .25 inch to fall before you plow and call you right when you got home.
    You either have a trigger, or you wait til storm is over. What if they want you to wait and it's a 30" storm?
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Made my head spin.Try this, seasonal pricing,it snows you plow.
  4. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

How are you going to keep track of what every customer wants?

You need to simplify.
  5. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Keep it simple! That is the key with residential. Either offer only one level of service as grandview recommends with seasonal, or at the very least find out what the customer wants ahead of time and only include that in the "agreement". For example my residential's fall into either "zero tolerance" or two inch triggers with out salt. That's all I offer. If they want to call when they need plowed they can go to one of the fly by nighters. We do very limited residential and most of them are zero tolerance only because they own or manage large businesses that we plow.
  6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

x2 My head was spinning reading your spec sheet. Keep it simple. Might want to sell zero tolerance or at least 1" and you plow or you'll be sitting home half the time. I'm a couple of towns from you and it's tough to make any money on residentials . Seasonal is the way to go with residentials around here. just my 2 cents. (I plow only commercial now and have no seasonals!)
  7. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Did everyone 2" trigger when I started. Worked alright. Then over 6"-12 then every additional 6". It's a real pain just to figure that never mind every option known to man. Do you plan to plow every 2", 6", after the storm. Put together a game plan of what you are offering. I only do commercial now but before I was done with resi's, I switched to seasonal pricing only. Lost most of my customers on that one. (worked for me..:) One price ending April 25th for us in NH but yours maybe different. Put a date, spring means nothing if folks paid for seasonal and it snows 10" the first day of spring and your away trout fishing somewhere. Good contracts set absolutes if they can. No such thing in reality, except maybe the contract price and term or dates of the contract. Strive to be clear and know what you're selling. Good luck.