1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions please!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by BEER TIME, Sep 7, 2011.

BEER TIME Member

Alright everybody i'm looking at two trucks and need your advice. 1st truck is a 1999 f350 v10 auto crew cab, leather interior and in good shape and has 133000 miles on it, they want $8200. 2nd truck is a 2002 f250 v10 manual crew cab cloth interior xlt, with 124000miles with alittle rust on the wheel wells and inside box is pretty beat up they are asking $8999. This will mainly be to plow my driveway and drive alittle bit. what are your thoughts
  2. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i would go with the '99 auto.
  3. NickT

NickT Senior Member

If your just doing you're driveway you could use a half ton, assuming its a driveway and not a winding road, you could save money buying a half ton, not sure if these trucks have a plow or you're getting one

BEER TIME Member

I have a rt2 boss vee 8.6. i was told that its to heavy. my driveway is very long and sometimes need to do the road before the roadgrader makes it out. so i think i need a f250 or bigger. thanks
  5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

99 auto would be what i would go with sounds like the 02 is a little more beat
  6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I don't care for manual and plowing, auto is much better
  7. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I say the 99 F350 AUTO, stick is a pain plowing, just my thoughts

BEER TIME Member

how about a 2001f250 v10 crew cab leather long box excellant condition 126000. i know its a long box but its a
    good deal. any way to dress up a long box?
  9. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

long as its a auto fine...the long bed will make it alittle tighter in small areas but if the truck is nice enough who cares?
  10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Kinda real high on price with the mileage both trucks have. Around my area they are giving V-10's away for great prices with lower miles. Go with an auto trans, manual's are a pain to plow with. You need to know the tricks. Search it on the gray line above. "plow with a manual" should give you plenty of reading.
  11. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

99 is my choice.

BEER TIME Member

Thanks guys. I ended up with a 2000 f250 v10 with 118,000 great shape. how are you guys mounting your controller. I have the old boss v box controller
  13. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on the purchase and best of luck!