1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on what it is worth ?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by joea47, Oct 15, 2015.

1. joea47

joea47 Junior Member

Selling the truck I have been driving for the last 12 years and not really sure of what is a reasonable asking price. 2003 Chevy Avalanche 2500 4X4 with the 8.1 motor, auto and 4.10 gears. Leather, dual power heated seats, moonroof, bose 6 disc cd changer, satellite radio, onstar etc.... Truck has 123,500 miles, looks and runs good, minor rust on pass rear wheel lip. New in the last 10K miles are brakes/rotors, shocks, both front wheel bearings and there are about 3,500 miles on 10 ply Nokian Rotiva's. Added a class V Curt hitch and a brake controller. Towed the camper quite well !!!

I added a 160 amp alternator, front Timbrens and a severe duty clutch fan 2 years ago so I could plow and it is set up with push plates and wiring for a Fisher Minute II 8.6 EZ-V. Truck has had mobil one since I bought it and it was 1 year old. Recent trans service and the Battery is new. The plan was to keep the plow side and the controller to set up on the new truck.

Thoughts on value ?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry, don't mean to hurt your feelings, but not much. It's a gas engine with over 100K on the clock and rust.
  3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

6-6.5k ish IMO. Ppl are scared of the 8.1 for some stupid reason
  4. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I've got an 8.1 in my 4500,and I'm still scared!Constant slurping sound!(5-6 mpg)
    Fair to good valure is 6800$ - 7500$