1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Western HTS Plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by By-The-Lake, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Hi I was wondering if anyone had any experience or opinions on either of these plows. I need a plow for a Ford F-150 4x4 and am considering either the Blizzard 7600LT or the Western HTS plows. Right now I would give the nod to the Western due to the downpressure and higher blade height but would appreciate some feedback on the pros/cons from others. Will be using the plow to do driveways.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The HTS doesn't have DP, it has "Scrape Lock". Two very different things. If you need/want DP you'll need a Snoway.

You won't likey find too much as far as reviews go on the HTs since they're somwaht new but you can find some excellent reveiws here on the 760LT. They've been a very praised and well proven plow.

But dealer support is also a very important aspect when choosing a plow so be sure to take that into serious consideration as well.
  3. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

I am a Western dealer from Stratford. Send me a email with your number and I can go over the HTS with you. I also can get Blizzard. nestech@quadro.net
  4. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Junior Member

I cannot compare the two,but I just bought the HTS plow for my '02 Dodge . First,installation is very straight forward,one day,start to finish..a helper is a great asset though.
    B&B is correct,it does not have down pressure..more of a down float..down presure would be nice.The entire plow package seems first rate high quality stuff, I'm very happy with it..I haven't plowed with it as of yet..only the second snow of the year today,but not enough to plow..
    Oh..I almost forgot..the Ultra mount set up works great.about 1 minute to either remove or install the plow to the truck,and unlike my last plow the lights stay with the plow and not the truck...nice..
  5. sport-trac

sport-trac Junior Member

Agent Orange: just wondering.. how much did it run you $$?

6. Agent Orange

I bought it from QTE on the internet,I got the plow,the emergency repair kit,the skid "feet",and the rubber top piece for $4060 delivered..Best price I could find anywhere.. http://4qte.com/snow_icecontrol.html
  7. sport-trac

sport-trac Junior Member

thanks... site looks good.

how hard was it to install?
  8. Agent Orange

If I was to rate it on a 1-10 scale with 10 being REAL hard,I would say maybe a 3 or 4.Don't try to speed through and its no big deal.It probably took 8-9 hours total,but I was pretty methodical(sp?) and in no big hurry..coffee breaks ect.
    Western did a real good job of covering everthing in the installation,making all the wiring pretty much plug-n-play,which was my main concern at the outset.
  9. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

I have owned the blizzard and loved it. I now own the western midweight and like the western a little better. My blizzard dealer is now 1hr away. And it rusted out very quickly!!! Not a big secret. Blizzard known for that. I cant speak for the hts, but for a few extra pounds I can tell you the midweight is great!!
  10. Agent Orange

Yep..the mid weight is more heavy duty, if you have the truck to carry it..too big a plow on too light a truck will eat the truck up after a while ...
  11. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

It's only 120lbs more. I'm sure your truck will be more than fine.. My silverado is only a half ton.
  12. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

I just bought a hts got it for 3700 cash and carry, very nice plow, cant wait to plow snow with it. the install was very straight forward and easy.

13. F150PLOW

F150PLOW Junior Member

Getting ready to buy the hts getting it installed on my f-150 still wondering should i go with the Fisher ht or go with western, how is yours holding up any problems??
  14. Agent Orange

Don't know if you are talking to me here but...I have one years worth of plowing on mine, last year we had quite a bit of snow so I used it some. I dont plow commercial, just my drive(1/4 mile long) and a few jobs here and there, not like some of the guys here.
    My plow is still like new..not any problems at all..just the normal paint wear and stuff on the fron of the plow surface...I would say worth the money, and of good quality..
  15. straightlinelan

straightlinelan Member

Look at the boss poly sport. This plow is very durable. I have had it for 2 seasons. I use it for commercial plowing but for small parking lots, banks, small strip malls etc. I have had no problems with it either.
  16. rlross

rlross Junior Member

My HTS western plow blade when down on ground the right side is up about 1"
  17. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

Is there a question in there somewhere? Or are you simply making a statement?

Is the plow newly mounted?
  18. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

HTS is a hobby plow but if for personal use it should be fine. The one thing I don't like about them is that they have no swivel function, so the blade is fixed to the truck. Larger plows have a big bolt in th middle of the back end of the a-frame. This bolt allows the plow to follow the road regardless of the angle the truck is on. So the problem is that the blade will lift off the ground on the ends while driving over uneven surfaces. Looks like the Suburbanite is the same. The lightest model with swivel is the mid-weight.