1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Timbrens and Buyers load boosters wanted

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mpriester, Jan 12, 2013.

1. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

Which do you prefer when comparing the 2 as far as doing their job. Thank You Mike

2. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

I have never used buyers, but we have timbrens in our 2500's, front and back. That truck has a western wideout and a 2 yd v-box on the back. It sits pretty well. The ride does get a little bit rougher, but hey, it's not a Cadillac. Overall I like them a lot.

3. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

R they going in front or back

4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I had them on a truck for awhile, and it does make it quite a bit rougher. The gap in between the axle and the timbren is not quite enough to prevent it slamming when you go over a bump.

However, they do the job pretty well and work pretty much as designed. I took them off because of the ride, but will be putting them back on a different truck soon.

The problem is, if there is enough weight to need them then the truck is overloaded.

5. lawnboy2121

I have air bags on the back of my 95 .they r adjustable and work great

6. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I used to have Timbrens on a few trucks, didn't like the ride. I got rid of them all and will use air bags if needed.

7. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I am with you on this one. Timbrens are rough. I put airbags on the front and back with the adjustable air gauges inside the cab. It was a lot more money but well worth it in my opinion. When I decide to get a new truck, these are definitely coming with me. You need to keep the rubber air springs from cracking over time. I just fluid film mine every now and then.

8. lawnboy2121

Adjustable and no slamming with the airbags

9. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

both front and back along with an extra leaf in the back

10. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

pretty much any 3/4 or 1 ton pick up with a plow and salter is considered legally over weight, i'm not doing this to over load the truck i just want to help with the load it carries.

11. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

my biggest concern with air bags is if i break a line.

12. carpenter1075

carpenter1075 Junior Member

I have the timberiens front and rear on my half ton silverado and yes it is a little rough but its a truck not a road car and I love mine wouldnt trade them for anything in the world

13. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I have the buyers version in a 09 and 05 chev 2500hd's. 4 yrs and 3 yrs old, they have held up well.

14. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I'm honestly not sure what air bags I've had, but I can tell you that with airbags ride quality goes down, but you can carry more weight.

15. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

timbrens are bomb proof, no air bags to blow, lines to break or compressors to go bad.I have them front and back on 4 trucks. Best part is they are life time warrantied. If anything does happen they are replaced free of charge.

16. tread lightly services

tread lightly services Member

i have a set on the back of my half ton, i agree they are bomb proof, but you either need to be empty with a 1" plus gap or moderately loaded, no 300 lbs in the back stuff when they are just touching the ride can be rough, loaded with 500 lbs -3500 lbs they are magic!!

i had 5280 lbs of block in the back of a half ton....truck sat 1" lower in the rear...(dont try this at home)

lets put it this way skid loader behid a half ton sits level with these, and 3-4 inches lower without them.