1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on this truck . . .

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jrannis, Apr 28, 2003.

1. jrannis

jrannis Junior Member

I am looking at getting a used pick up with a plow. One truck which has caught my eye is a '95 Chevy 2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel with a 8 ft fisher plow. It has 130k mile on it. It has a 8ft bed, std cab. The asking price is $9995. Just interested in any and all opinions, have fun with it:)
  2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

From what i understand,the 6.5 had awfull problems with injectors and pumps upon higher mileage motors,hopefully someone here can clear that up?
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

4. ToyotaPower

ToyotaPower Senior Member

Stay away from GM old diesal is my advise...
  5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Those trucks aren't that bad.The IFS front end is not one of the best,but will do OK if you take care of it.

The injection pumps aren't really much worse than any other rotary pumps.It will probably need replacement at some point and it will be costly.

Usually when the die,it's not always the pump,but the driver module assy,or whatever they call it that goes.It can be replaced separatly and they aren't that expensive.

They did have an extended warranty on the pumps for the 94-97's,which was 11 years or 120000 Miles.They have since included 98-99's as well.