1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on this plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by deere615, Aug 7, 2008.

1. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I found this plow for sale. I have a half ton 03' Chevy Silverado. Its a Meyer 7.5ft with the E57 pump. It was only used for like 1 or 2 years. He is asking $1500, I know he will go to $1300. Is this a good plow for the money, any one have opinions on this plow? Heres a few pics:
    pic.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    pic4.jpg

pic.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

i dont know much about meyers. does the truck mount and wiring come with the price? either way, the plow looks to be in pretty good shape. if you really want a meyers :rolleyes: id say go for it at that price :cool:

3. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Looks like it has the new style lights?

4. 06HD BOSS

which unfortunately doesnt make the brand any better :D

5. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Your right, too bad its not a nice red WESTERN. wesport

6. 06HD BOSS

Nah, i dont like their lights either :jester:

7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

id say unless you really like a meyer... $1000 max

8. Up North

Up North Senior Member

no way that plow has only been used 1 or 2 years. Looks like it's got a few years under it's belt (or cutting edge). I definitely wouldn't go over $1000 for it.

Buck

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah I would say no more then a 1,000........:rolleyes:

10. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Remember there isn't a plow in the world that's ever been used commercially... well, at least the ones for sale! And each one of them is only a year or 2 old as well.

11. 06HD BOSS

and thats no lie.

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What are your plans for the plow deere? If it's a few residential it'd do the job just fine...but if your starting a whole new commercial route, you don't want to start with a light duty personal use ST series plow. You'd regret it later right price or not. :nod:

13. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i hate to argue with B&B:rolleyes: lol but there is nothing wrong with a good ole meyer plow. just because they are a little lighter duty dont mean they cant provide many many years of service.

we have many that have put in many years of service at a verry simple design. Nick'sPlowing and many others have had verry good luck with them.

but the $1300 price i would have to agree is a little much.....even with the newtouch controlls/harness and maybee a correct mounting carton (i may have one for a 88-98 chev) you can have but still. i'd try to take the $1000 and minus the price for the controller IMO

PJ

14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

deer jump down from the forklift, and give us a update! Inquiring minds want to kno!:rolleyes:

15. deere615

haha sorry I got tied up last night. yes the mount that should fit my truck comes with it and the touch pad controller. He is also going to give me the plastic bottom part of my bumber that usually needs cut, so I wouldn't have to cut my bumper

16. deere615

It sat outside for the last 2 years, I think, he didn't have the skid shoes, but the cutting edge didn't seem too bad

17. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

OK HERE GOES ....I KNOW EVERYONE HAS THERE PREFERENCES OF PLOWS AND DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE COUNTRY HAVE THERE OWN LITTLE CLICKS ON MFG'S ;)BUT THERE ISNT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE WITH PLOWS IMO :drinkup:AS LONG AS YOU MAINTAIN THEM AND DONT TRY AND USE IT LIKE ITS A LOADER STACKING PILES:rolleyes:THAT PLOW WILL SUIT YOU FINE DEERE AND EVEN AT $1300 ITS A GREAT PRICE :nod:LOOK ON EBAY YOU COULD PART THAT PLOW OUT IN THE FALL AND MORE THEN DOUBLE YOUR MONEY PROBABLY....... GOOD LUCK AND TAKE IT FROM A GUY WHOS BEEN RUNNING MEYERS FOR 15 YEARS ITS A GOOD PLOW RESIDENTIAL OR COMMERCIAL !

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The fact that its a Meyer or not isn't the determining factor...using an ST series personal use designed plow for hard commercial use instead of the properly designed for commercial use C series is what makes the difference. Meyer gains a ton of bad rap on there "weak blades" because guys want to use an ST series (due to their lighter weight) for commercial use.. only to find they don't hold up since it isn't the job they were designed for.

Which was the entire reason I asked deere what the intended use was for. :rolleyes:

19. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

That plows worth 1500 all day and night. And while I agree with BB that a C series is better, I dont agree you cant do it with an ST.

I've made a hundred grand plowing with a used MD2 Diamond/Meyer deal.
    With minimal issues other than corrosion issues we all deal with.

Im currently redoing the pivot holes in the sector and A-Frame due to serious wear and tear, and am upgrading it,and moving the chain lift points out on the nose instead of on the sector guide, but shoot. Plows 7 years old. I love the plows performance commercially or residentially.

meyer rocks and my next plow may just be a super v. Unless I go with a wideout, and if meyer made a winged plow like that I'd buy theirs.

If you can get that plow for 1200-1300 it's a great deal.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  20. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Sometimes you have to spend money to make money !
    It's not about brands, it's what works, use it often ...