1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Snow Ex 7500 Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JaysLawns, Feb 5, 2008.

1. JaysLawns

JaysLawns Junior Member

Hey guys Im new to the industry and looking to get a vbox tailgate spreader. I have been looking at the Snow Ex 7500 because its poly and already has the vibrator kit standard. I will be using salt sand 50/50 will this model be reliable and worth 4 grand? Thanks to all that reply.

2. A Man

A Man Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite, I'm new as well but I do have some experience with a vpro8000. I find it has been reliable (4 years old) needing very few repairs. The paint only lasted about 2 years even with touch ups but we had it galvanized this year and it seems to be holding up well. The one concern I might have for you is that your spreading salt sand mix. I have done this a few times but I found that is very slow to unload and I have a dual vibrator on mine. The sand, especially when wet, seems to not slide down the hopper very well. We only have one property that we use salt sand on because it's gravel but we tend to use one of our v box spreader to do it most of the time. I have heard of guys having trouble with there controllers but mine has been good. I did have to replace the entire spinner assembly, (pin fell out and I backed over it) but otherwise i would recommend one.