1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Opinion's on salt bid wanted!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Going Commercial, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Going Commercial

Going Commercial Member

Parking lot is 21,000 sq ft, my cost for bagged salt is $4.57 per 50lb bag. In general, how many lbs of salt per application would you use.
    How much do you think I should charge?

Keep in mind , bulk salt is applied in my area at $150 per ton but I do not do the volume to purchase salt in bulk. Thanks to all who reply.

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I never price salting by the ton, there are still guys in my market @ 100/ton, getting a true ton no way. Last year by the tractor trailer load (37 ton) I was paying 110/ton for treated. I always quote by the application, some you make out better than others. You will have a hard time competing against someone using bulk, if your using bags. But figure he has the cost of the bin, bobcat etc., it does add up.